Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Anyone installed a R&D Grate Girdle Kit on RXP?

Has anyone out there installed one, purchased one, or own one they wanna get rid of?

Have pictures of how it looks installed?

it's a long shot that anyone really has one, but i'm hoping i'll get lucky

I had asked about this way back when, and no one had any opinions. It is a pricey little POS.... I just check my grate bolts after every ride. especially after reading your post on the RXT from way back when.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    The only time I ever sank a PWC was when the forward grate bolt came out of my GTX Limited... sunk a few big boats though

Shibby... I don't blame you for checking this out... I plan on running some type of "grate insurance" on my project ski.

RXP Steve... I, too, check my bolts every time I put it on the trailer. I had installed seven Riva grates on friends skis when mine sank... you can bet they were interested as to whether or not I "forgot" the loctite on their forward bolts

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'm just looking at it trying to visualize how it fits and everything... i usually pretty good at this stuff, but i'm blanking out on this one. where does it go, how does it get installed...over the grate, in the hull, behind the grate in the pump shoe...

i dunno, can't visualize this one

yeah me neither. Have you guys ever gone thru the hull with the front bolt and put a lock nut inside? A friend suggested that to me. Good idea...I should have done it when all was apart. If and when I change the carbon ring, I will be doing that.

I had one on my ski and an R&D grate,I took them both off and put on a Riva grate,I am thinking about putting the girdle on with the Riva if it is worth it.To install this part you take out the two screws in the middle of it and slide them above the hull where the rear screws on the grate bolts to the hull then the screws go back in to make it one piece and then the grate screws to it so the hull gets sandwiched between the grate and this bracket,It seems to work O.K. but you will need to drill holes in the grate to screw it in(the R&D grate had mark's for these hole) Bob

did they stop making this r&d grate gridle

I don't think they stopped making it.The R&D grate was not to good but the girdle seems like a good idea.I am a Harley dealer and I buy from drag (parts unlimited) and they sell R&D Bob

what is the price on the r&d gridle if i can get her 2 brake 80 it might b a good item 2 have right now i filled the grate with solicon some on the front and a lot on the back 3 bolts its a beach 2 get off
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-11-2007 at 07:19 PM.

I too installed the girdle kit on my rxp only because i modified the rd grate. I had extentions added to the fins to shovel more water in the pump for rough water and ocean races works great and put the girdle kit on to prevent the grate from pulling away from the pump shoe, also made it work for my riva grate..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information