+1

'10 Stock SHO: Lots of confusion for a easy question

My ski has a lot of hours on it and in the last 50 hours the cavitation from the hole is noticeably worse. I'm guessing the tolerance between wear ring housing and OEM impeller has worn just from the amount it has been used. I ordered a new OEM wear ring housing and am just trying to figure out what to do about the prop. My options are, send the current impeller to Impros for rebuilding (<$100) or purchase a aftermarket impeller. Tried researching the forum for answers but not finding one. You can see the bolt on mods in my signature line. Ski currently has about 352 hours and I have no intention of doing any internal mods for the near future. Whatever I do I'll be taking the ski to Jim's Performance for installation and fine tuning.

If I purchase a aftermarket which one (Solas Dynafly?) and will there be any real performance improvements over rebuilt OEM?
    Which aftermarket prop is best suited to my ski and modifications. I am very happy with current speeds and want to keep my 5 year warranty intact?
    If OEM prop rebuild is the choice should I send the new wear ring in with the impeller so Impros can more closely match the tolerances?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    My ski has a lot of hours on it and in the last 50 hours the cavitation from the hole is noticeably worse. I'm guessing the tolerance between wear ring housing and OEM impeller has worn just from the amount it has been used. I ordered a new OEM wear ring housing and am just trying to figure out what to do about the prop. My options are, send the current impeller to Impros for rebuilding (<$100) or purchase a aftermarket impeller. Tried researching the forum for answers but not finding one. You can see the bolt on mods in my signature line. Ski currently has about 352 hours and I have no intention of doing any internal mods for the near future. Whatever I do I'll be taking the ski to Jim's Performance for installation and fine tuning.

If I purchase a aftermarket which one (Solas Dynafly?) and will there be any real performance improvements over rebuilt OEM?
    Which aftermarket prop is best suited to my ski and modifications. I am very happy with current speeds and want to keep my 5 year warranty intact?
    If OEM prop rebuild is the choice should I send the new wear ring in with the impeller so Impros can more closely match the tolerances?

Vince I would probably stay with the stock prop.Most of the others will tell you with the current mods that you have you should stay stock.I know Jim may be able to set you up with a Dynafly, but lika all things he will def. have to bend it for you the keep your RPM's where they need to be.I have both a DF and Skat and both are great props,the Skat hooks up a little better with a slight speed loss,and the DF cavitates a little more but stronger on top.If I were you I would stay stock prop because with your level of mods your stock prop will do just fine.

3. +1 by:

+1
    best thing you can do and save $ is find a new oem prop that some one has taken off there ski. You usually can get one for $100-$125 , This prop is hard to beat for all round performance for a ski with minimal mods. Tommy Jordan

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Vince i would say let me look at the ski to see what is causing it. It can be a impeller worn or damaged, it can be a pump liner, or an issue with the pump shoe. And if needed i do pitch impellers give me a ring at 727-365-5132 Thank you, Jim

+1
    I have a VXR, not a SHO. Same pump I believe. I prefer the Skat swirl props over the stock props in my ski. At same RPMs, the Skat is much quicker and a little faster on this platform. Seat of the pants feel is much better with the Skat, imo. But they cost around $320 new. Here's a video of example of the difference between a worn stock prop and a correctly pitched Skat prop on other similar skis:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post

PM sent

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hello Vince i would say let me look at the ski to see what is causing it. It can be a impeller worn or damaged, it can be a pump liner, or an issue with the pump shoe. And if needed i do pitch impellers give me a ring at 727-365-5132 Thank you, Jim
    Ok...I'll call in the week. Headed for a long ride on the Suwanee River.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I have a like new stock prop in classified section less than 7hrs

+1

'10 Stock SHO: Lots of confusion for a easy question

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    +1

Let Jim have a look at it. I swapped the ring at 300hrs on my old ski and couldn't tell a difference between the new and old. I put the old ring back in and kept the new one as a spare. Hate to see you do the same thing and not see any benefit.

Thread Information