Gp1200r needs engine rebuild HELP!!!

Hi everyone I'm paddy from northern Irelan, my gp1200r needs a rebuild from crank up ! I've seen online at Atlantic jet sports.com a full rebuild kit for about £800 are these good quality an reliable parts ?? I'm new to forums an jetsking so I would be very greatful of any help and advice on the best an most cost affective way of rebuilding my engin. Many thanks

Banned User
    +1
    If you want cheap go sbt, but I wouldn't use anything made by them. If your looking to cruise around a few times a summer then that's your ticket. Keep in mind when something goes wrong you must send back engine or parts at your expense. I'd spend the money go oem parts and build it correctly yourself. It's your time and money. Use the search bar and type in sbt and make your choice

+1
    I have used http://www.shopsbt.com and had no problems. Make sure you do as most recommend and find the cause of the previous failure before installing a new block. Look forward to hearing more from you on your rebuild. I have a 2000 GP1200R
    and am becoming VERY familiar with it.

I checked out that SBT web site, an for what it would cost for a rebuild I could buy a new engine about £1200 an they give a 2 year warranty I'm thinking that might be the way to go, would u recommend SBT ?

+1
    I have purchased 2 engines from SBT and have no complaints. You are buying a remanufactured engine from SBT not a new one. Their customer service and shipping are great. If you have the money, go new and build it from scratch using pro-parts. If you just want to throw a little bit of money into a 13 year old ski just to enjoy it, SBT is OK in my opinion. I can not blame SBT for any of my engine failures.

Banned User
    +1
    I'd disagree with everything but go oem If u for the cash. Use the search button and make your choices. Type in sbt

+1
    If you are considering rebuilding your engine please post some pics. you will find out if you take your time the people on here will chime in with answer's to almost any problem you have with the build. and when you get it done to will out preform a SBT motor that comes with a 2 year warranty. and if you will do the needed modifications it will give long lasting results.

These re-manufactured engines are cheap for a reason, 1 thing they do is cut out the coated cylinders and press a sleeve in the cylinder and don't match the ports resulting in a loss of performance. that's just one thing they do among many others. these engines are simple to build and in my onion far better than re-manufactured.

Thread Information