Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mod advice

mod advice

Hey guys haven't been on here in a long time. Was riding all summer long with out a problem and then work so not much extra time. But this winter I am going to be adding some more mods to my 06 RXP. I already have riva through hull exhaust, 42 lb injectors, x-charger, riva air intake, riva intake grate, 14/19 solas, opas removed, and a BOV. I want to add the fizzle high effency intercooler this winter. I know I will need to add a RRFPR top it and go to a 15/20 impeller. Is there anything else you guys think I should do with this at the same time. I don't have unlimited money but I do have a little to spend. Looking for what I exactly need to make sure the engine dosent blow up and then also what may be nice to add at the same time. Thanks for all your input guys. Also the battery on both my skis took a big dump on my last tide out for the year. I don't know which ones from the store I should go with. I want to go gel and deep cycle but there are two oddeseys and one looks way different then the other. Any advice on that as well?

+1

mod advice

For the batteries you can't go wrong with deka agm. You'll also want a afr gauge. Such as an innovate mtx-l to dial in the air to fuel.

+1
    You have got to get a AFR gauge to monitor you AFR's, when you put in a EX IC, you will be adjusting your RRFPR up or down to suit your AFR numbers,
    After that if you have some coin left over you need to get a re flash on the ECU to raise your rev limiter and fuel curve, it is not necessary but it will really wake up the performance,

+1
    or you could add a cmd with 50lb injectors and have perfect afr's all all rpms
    and then the need for speed hits you can upgrade the wheel for some more boost

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    Hey guys haven't been on here in a long time. Was riding all summer long with out a problem and then work so not much extra time. But this winter I am going to be adding some more mods to my 06 RXP. I already have riva through hull exhaust, 42 lb injectors, x-charger, riva air intake, riva intake grate, 14/19 solas, opas removed, and a BOV. I want to add the fizzle high effency intercooler this winter. I know I will need to add a RRFPR top it and go to a 15/20 impeller. Is there anything else you guys think I should do with this at the same time. I don't have unlimited money but I do have a little to spend. Looking for what I exactly need to make sure the engine dosent blow up and then also what may be nice to add at the same time. Thanks for all your input guys. Also the battery on both my skis took a big dump on my last tide out for the year. I don't know which ones from the store I should go with. I want to go gel and deep cycle but there are two oddeseys and one looks way different then the other. Any advice on that as well?
    As far as RRFPR go dont go with the cheap Rule ones,they are garbage,go with an aeromotive IMO..Also you will need to get a pressure guage,tank adaptor and fuel rail if your gonna do it right some braided hose and fittings...Rubber hose and hose clamps at 65+ PSI of fuel pressure just dont mix in my book.....As far as batteries go..i use the Odyssey Drycell PWC Battery - Model PC925L..have them in both my skis with no issues....I recommend getting rid of the BOV too..it is nothing but a boost leak and serves no purpose with our setups....And like the guys suggested,youll want to add a AFR guage to keep an eye on your AFRs,especially in the cooler temps...Innovate makes a nice,easy one for around 200.00 and if you look on E-bay you can find them for around 160.00..its called the "Innovate Motorsports Digital MTX-L Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Guage Kit"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-Mot...sories&vxp=mtr

Other than the prop it looks like you have a handle on things....
    Last edited by Snoman; 11-09-2012 at 12:05 PM.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1

mod advice

I hate to throw this in but I would also be checking you valves being an 06 model. Hopefully it will have the later type fitted. If not I would consider replacing them. No performance gain but it might save you $$$ in the long term.

+1
    if Optima batteries make a marine battery id definitely go with one. I have had optima batteries in all my vehicles and have never had a dead battery.

Thanks for the info guys greatly appreciated. Also as for the valves they are fine because the motor was rebuilt at just over 100 by the previous owner when the carbon seal went out and it ingested water. So I know I am good there. I picked it up with 3 hours on the new engine and have put just over 30 on it since.

I was also thinking of going with the RIVA set up since its all there and ready to be intstalled

+1
    what he meant by the valves is there is a code stamped on the side, by were the keeper groves are,
    Some of the early 06 models had ones that had a casting flaw on the neck and they broke easily,
    just because someone did some head work doesn't mean they were changed,
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169011
    When I did my valve train upgrade, I checked mine, and I was lucky with my 06 RXP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information