gp 1200 intermediate shaft

how do you know when the intermediate shaft is bad and also if it needs to be shimmed can water get into the ski i thought it sitting flush stopped the water or does the impellor shaft do that some how also took mine off today to inspect it looked like it wobbled alot and someone siliconed it to the plate it mounts on is that normal thanks for your help

Had one that someone siliconed to the midwall before. I think they were covering up the fact that it previously leaked. The rubber boot on the back side of the I-shaft bearing housing has a round raised lip that should create the seal against your fiberglass wall. The rubber lip looks like it works just like an O-ring to squish a bit and make the seal. Shimming is just to align the I-shaft to the receiving coupler on the rear of the motor but the raised ring should still make the seal. The driveshaft male splines slide inside the midwall bearing housing (Put lots of grease in there before putting the driveshaft back inside). Hope this helps in some way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sustaita1 View Post
    how do you know when the intermediate shaft is bad and also if it needs to be shimmed can water get into the ski i thought it sitting flush stopped the water or does the impellor shaft do that some how also took mine off today to inspect it looked like it wobbled alot and someone siliconed it to the plate it mounts on is that normal thanks for your help
    The wobble is normal. mine was like that also, I posted a video and some members said it'd be ok and won't wobble when pump is installed and the couplers are connected.
    Here's my video

http://s658.beta.photobucket.com/use...09823.mp4.html

thank you for your answers i am doing a rebuild this year and stripped my entire hull and am in the process of swapping hulls when i took mine all apart i found out the shaft was actually bent i had water coming in and i think it was there the new hull came with a shaft so i am good to go by the way cutlass your video is awesome thanks again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sustaita1 View Post
    The wobble is normal. mine was like that also, I posted a video and some members said it'd be ok and won't wobble when pump is installed and the couplers are connected.
    Here's my video

http://s658.beta.photobucket.com/use...09823.mp4.html

My 07 gpr has about the same amount of play, cannot remember if this is normal or not? Mine wobbles with everything installed.

Thread Information