+1

Question Topping off a Yamaha battery for winter storage with a Battery Tender

Hey guys,

So I finally got my power back today and want to place my Yamaha battery on the Battery Tender for the winter. I noticed the acid levels are a little low and different levels so I want to even and top them off properly. I am going to the store now to get some distilled water. Believe it or not I've never owned a battery that needs maintenance. I always switch them out to sealed batteries but since this battery is new I want to get another season out of it. Is it as simple as pulling the yellow caps off and dropping distilled water in or is there more disassembly? And for the level, I see two parallel lines at the top with a dash inside a circle (looks like a negative polarity symbol which could be confusing lol), do I fill to the top line? Thanks...

BTW...A winterized jetski with a full tank of stabilized gas is a great emergency fuel source! I ended up siphoning all 15.9 gallons and brought it over to my grandmothers to run a generator for her. This fuel shortage we are having sucks!!

Yes--- those two lines are the upper and lower marks for the water level--- fill it to the top line (and next summer, if it drops below the lower mark, add water.). You do just unscrew the yellow caps.
    It won't take much--- I pour the distilled water into a paper cup first---makes it much easier to control the amount of water I put in compared to trying to pour it directly out of the gallon jug.

Glad your power is back on!

+1
    Great! I was hoping it was as simple as just unscrewing the yellow caps and adding water.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    Great! I was hoping it was as simple as just unscrewing the yellow caps and adding water.
    Make sure it is "Distilled" water. Glad things are coming back. A week ago it looked like you could Ski on the runways of LaGuardia!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    Make sure it is still "Distilled" water. Glad things are coming back. A week ago it looked like you could Ski on the runways of LaGuardia!
    Yup, I just bought a whole gallon of distilled just to use few drops lol, they only sell gallons here. And yeah someone was actually riding they're jetski in the streets in front of my uncles house who lives 5 minutes south of me, Crazy!!!

Topping off a Yamaha battery for winter storage with a Battery Tender

Should you keep the caps off or loose when it's on a battery tender?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute Force View Post
    Should you keep the caps off or loose when it's on a battery tender?
    no, definitly not.

Thread Information