Powervalve issue

Hey guys.
    Just like to firstly thank all that helped me with my miss fire problem. But I now have the normal powervalve issue. As of my last topic I noticed my top end was only 50 odd kph and I had no movement on the valves.
    So I striped it down last night. To find no 1 valve pin sitting in the bottom of the cover.and the top of the vale cracked. Lucky for my no damage was done to the piston. So I'm looking at the r&d moded valves for $165 each. And I'm going to do all 3.
    The issue I'm having is getting the buggers out. I've taken the link bars out and the retaining screw but I can't pull it out.
    1st. Can they be pulled from the top.
    2nd. Where's the best place to get them from.

+1

Re: Powervalve issue

Quote Originally Posted by Chris gp1200r View Post
    Hey guys.
    Just like to firstly thank all that helped me with my miss fire problem. But I now have the normal powervalve issue. As of my last topic I noticed my top end was only 50 odd kph and I had no movement on the valves.
    So I striped it down last night. To find no 1 valve pin sitting in the bottom of the cover.and the top of the vale cracked. Lucky for my no damage was done to the piston. So I'm looking at the r&d moded valves for $165 each. And I'm going to do all 3.
    The issue I'm having is getting the buggers out. I've taken the link bars out and the retaining screw but I can't pull it out.
    1st. Can they be pulled from the top.
    2nd. Where's the best place to get them from.
    If you took the retaining screw off, they will come out through the top. It isn't always easy, especially if you never took them out. Since two of mine were broken, I didn't care what I did to them... so I grabbed it with a pair of channel locks and pulled on them like a slide hammer. I would push the valve in, then pull it out hard and sharp. It would come a bit farther with each try until I could wiggle it out. The sleeves that the powervalve slides in can get stuck. That will get them loose. The other issue is that your powervalve is probably mushroomed from hitting the piston which will make it harder.

Thanks buddy. I got it out. Just pulled like you said. The others came out fine. I was lucky that I never dropped in to hit anything. I've orderd one from my yamaha dealer and a set of clips and couplers from a guy on here. Hoping that's the best move.??? I heard the r and d ones are not that good. Best to stick with the oem ones with wave water clips.

Thread Information