Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Riding

Winter Riding

I was Wondering if anyone rides in the winter. I personally like to. I am in louisiana and the weather is starting to get cool. I just bought the 05 rxp and i am not ready to put it away yet. anyone who would like to meet for a ride let me know

+1
    You would have to define winter. My ski is out of storage as long as there is open water.
    Here winter starts at 32 degrees and lower.
    I can't believe that people store thier machines when there is water to ride.

Winter here is nothing like that the coldest it gets here is about 32 degrees. water temp im not sure on.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT
    You would have to define winter. My ski is out of storage as long as there is open water.
    Here winter starts at 32 degrees and lower.
    I can't believe that people store thier machines when there is water to ride.
    my wife refuses to go out anymore because "it is too cold when you get wet". The water temps are about 68 and the weather is overcast or sunny ranging anywhere from 70-83. I plan on riding until I need a wet suit.

What i am really trying to find out is a 2 mm thick wet suite thick enough to keep you warm when the weather is 40s 50s outside water probally 50s 60s

What i am really trying to find out is a 2 mm thick wet suite thick enough to keep you warm when the weather is 40s 50s outside water probally 50s 60s

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i have a 2/3 mm 2 piece slippery race suit.... for me in NY it's not enough AT ALL... then again i'm a twig with no meat on me to keep warm (20 years old, 5'10", and 130 lbs)

my 2 piece 2/3mm wetsuit gets me by for sunny fall and spring days when it's like 60 degrees... once the air is in the 50s, it really doesn't keep me warm enough... i then wear the wetsuit and put windpants and a jacket on over it and wear sneakers and gloves...

now when i'm desperate in like march when it's still snowing usually but the sun is out.. i'll dress up like an eskimo in a very unsafe way and go ride. god forbid i ever fell in i'd probably sink if i didn't get hypothermia first. the water when i start riding it usually about 38 degrees

so as we speak this very minute... i'm thinking of buying a full out snowmobiling race gear typa thing... i want to get the slippery Switxh pants, a winter snowmobile coat that's water resistant, and i full enclosed helmet... i then also need a warm pair of riding boots and gloves... with this gear i figure i'll be able to go ride when it's 30-40 degree air and cold water (i don't plan on getting wet!) lol

drysuits are too expensive, thick wetsuits are too tiuff and uncomfy... so i figured snowmobile gear would be the best alternative to both warmth and look good out on the water even if no one else will be out there

so anyways, i don't imagine your LA winter is nearly as cold as my NY winter... but for what it's worth 2mm wetsuit jsut doesn't cut it for me personally when the air is below like 55... air passes thru to a degree and it gets chilly... aside from the usual side efffect of snot dripping down my face and across my cheeks at WOT

+1
    I would ride in the winter if I had the balls to lol. Sadly this weekend is my last weekend to ride because my parents are making me put the skies up for the winter. So I plan on doing as much riding as I can.

Thanks for the input guys. If anyone has any other info on riding in cold weather please do tell.

[quote="Shibby1485"]i'm thinking of buying a full out snowmobiling race gear typa thing... i want to get the slippery Switxh pants, a winter snowmobile coat that's water resistant, and i full enclosed helmet...[quote]

just ordered it yesterday..its not the most expensive one but tried it on at a motorcycle shop here in town and its comfortable and very warm. they also make one with a electric heater sheid or sumthin.
    plus it looks sweet even if i use it 4 or 5 times it will be worth it.

http://www.brocktoncycle.com/eshoppr...ACE_HELMET.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information