+1

Re: Winterizing a 4TEC question about actual dealer procedure...

I think I posted this in the wrong category yesterday since it didn't get a comment. Since there are many on here who wrench on 4TECs, I figure there are many with experience with buds. I winterize tons of 2 strokes but am new to 4TEC winterization and have one to do. I saw on several dealer descriptions a procedure that involves buds. Can anyone give me the exact steps for that? It involved using buds for drown mode and releasing pressure in injectors. I have access to buds so if that makes it easier than removing the fuel rail that's how I want to go. I tried searching past posts with no luck so if there's one that describes that a link to it is appreciated as well.
    Also I'm currently doing a 2011 and buds wouldn't access so Im assuming that's since it's newer than a 2010? Thought I read something about the old computer based (not online based) buds not working on newer models.

I posted on your other post. There is no such thing as a BUDS winterizing procedure, where did you get that idea?

There is also no such thing as online buds. If you have an old version of buds, it won't work with the newest skis with iControl system, because the old version of buds only worked with the 250K speed protocol of the Siemens ECU's, and the late skis use Bosch ECU's that talk at 500K speed.

Most people here don't have buds, they have Candoopro, because it works with all models.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States

Re: Winterizing a 4TEC question about actual dealer procedure...

Don't know if this would help you but I just happened to watch this and he uses the computer to kill each cylinder individually. Either way it's pretty informative if you've never done it hopefully

+1
    Thanks I'll check that video out!

As for buds to winterize, the dealer below says that's what they do...
    http://www.jmcamper.com/enter/index....r-service.html

As for the version of buds, it's the most cuurent (500K) offered for the MPI-II and uses the can interface. I'ts worked on a 2009 but this is the first time I've tried on newer and it won't access. I've heard the newest is just a cable with no interface and has to be connected to bossweb to work.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by seadoosource View Post
    Thanks I'll check that video out!

As for buds to winterize, the dealer below says that's what they do...
    http://www.jmcamper.com/enter/index....r-service.html

As for the version of buds, it's the most cuurent (500K) offered for the MPI-II and uses the can interface. I'ts worked on a 2009 but this is the first time I've tried on newer and it won't access. I've heard the newest is just a cable with no interface and has to be connected to bossweb to work.
    Well, does it say to relieve fuel pressure in the rail in the service manual? Of course not. Just because some place says they do something doesn't mean you should do it.

There is no online buds, plain and simple. You heard wrong. You probably have an old version of buds. You would have to update it get it to read a 2011.

+1
    [QUOTE=Sea Dood;2066835]
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoosource View Post
    Well, does it say to relieve fuel pressure in the rail in the service manual? Of course not. Just because some place says they do something doesn't mean you should do it.

There is no online buds, plain and simple. You heard wrong. You probably have an old version of buds. You would have to update it get it to read a 2011.
    Although I always go by the service manual when working on a Sea Doo, we do know that sometimes there's a better way so that's what I'm asking on this one. The service manual tells us to take hoses off a 2 stroke wo winterize but we use a pressure system that allows us to skip doing all that. It's the better way to do the job.
    As for buds, I'm not saying buds runs online in the cloud, I'm saying I heard the newest versions to work on 2011-2012 has to link to brp to work. So you're saying that isn't the case and the MPI-II works on all models with the proper software upgrade?

Thread Information