Girl could use some help with her 215 rxt!

I am a woman who loves boats and Sea-Doos and could reallyuse some expertise. I have been readingthis board for years and value the experience and insight of the members.
    Long story short; I have owned 2 sea-doos over the past 10years. In 2008 upgraded problematic 2003for a 2008 RXT 215. The Washersapparently blew end of last summer and the ski has been in the shop for 14months (I know why 14 months). They finally finished this week and I am nowreviewing the receipt from this large bill and notice they used the wrongsupercharger kit 34-186 (16 tooth) as opposed to the 34-185 (17 tooth). I havenot been through all the parts but I can see some of them are ok and others arenot. Before I call the dealer, I want tobe able to speak to this intelligently. So is this even possible and what are the potential issues that willoccur due to this. When I picked it up, it was pretty obviousthey thought it was a 07 since they mentioned the class action (2008 notincluded) so they obviously thought the ski was a 07. Also, this shop was a BRP Dealer a few yearsago and I found out recently they are no longer an authorized dealer. Thankyou in advance and please donít blast me.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by soda bay View Post
    I am a woman who loves boats and Sea-Doos and could reallyuse some expertise. I have been readingthis board for years and value the experience and insight of the members.
    Long story short; I have owned 2 sea-doos over the past 10years. In 2008 upgraded problematic 2003for a 2008 RXT 215. The Washersapparently blew end of last summer and the ski has been in the shop for 14months (I know why 14 months). They finally finished this week and I am nowreviewing the receipt from this large bill and notice they used the wrongsupercharger kit 34-186 (16 tooth) as opposed to the 34-185 (17 tooth). I havenot been through all the parts but I can see some of them are ok and others arenot. Before I call the dealer, I want tobe able to speak to this intelligently. So is this even possible and what are the potential issues that willoccur due to this. When I picked it up, it was pretty obviousthey thought it was a 07 since they mentioned the class action (2008 notincluded) so they obviously thought the ski was a 07. Also, this shop was a BRP Dealer a few yearsago and I found out recently they are no longer an authorized dealer. Thankyou in advance and please don’t blast me.

RXT's are 215hp powered, and they have the 16 tooth gear.......Only the GTX series from 2003-2005 have the 185hp SC'd NON-intercooled motor, and they have the 17-tooth gear...

If they had the ski for that long, then they should have removed the motor and flushed the insides...a must for when the SC washers break and they are Ceramic...

HOWEVER, you stated its a 2008...2008 ALL motors came with metal washers.......What color is your ski? Also, on the back of the ski, the little black strip with numbers, is your ski's VIN....What are the last 3 digits? they stand for the MONTH and YEAR of your model....Example, if its says 407, then it is April of 2007.....If it ends in 08, then it is a 2008 ski....ALSO, the lower the first number, the chances are the ski was built in the early part of the year...Have them run the VIN to get the exact time of build...

OH, and a lot of shops have stopped being dealers...but can still do the repairs and get parts.

--Danny

+1
    i thought the 09s were the first year to have metal washers.

+1
    The 1st half of 2008 they used ceramic on all s/c models except the X models.

The rxpx and rxtx had metal.

You must have bought a early 08 model.

Thread Information