Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Can't make up my mind, what do you guys/girls think?

I currently own a 2006 fx ho with 48 hours on it and absolutely love it. Since becoming a member of this site I've been toying with the idea of purchasing an FZR. Well...I made a few calls to dealerships and found a 2011 (leftover) fzs that I can purchase for 11000 plus tax and trailer; I feel I could get it for 500 less if I show up with cash in hand. But...tonight I was surfing Craigslist and stumbled upon a 2011 fzr with 30 hours on it and a 5 year yes warranty for 8975. I was instantly interested and made the call to get a bit of info. As it turns out, the owner needs the money to pay for his house and he's willing to reluctantly accept 8500 including the fzr, trailer, cover, and warranty. I don't really want to spend the cash leading into winter but this deal seems too good to pass up. What does everyone think? Is this deal really good or could I find the same deal give or take 500 this spring? I live in Maine and would be happy to travel 200 mile or so for the right deal come spring.

+1
    That's a good deal on a 2011 .
    I just sold a 09 fzs no trailer no warranty with 56 hrs for 7900
    Do yourself a favor and grab it.

here in Australia it's cheaper to buy it in the winter, because people tend to need the money.. but I $8500 is cheap for a 2011 FZR. Here a FZR with 50 hrs would go for 16 000 - 18 000.. What a difference!
    I say see how much you would get for your FX HO and see if its worth the difference. Remember that you'll spend money on putting a few mods it all starts with the BOV to save ur clutch then you keep going.. If your happy with what you have now keep it you have low hours on it and its very reliable..

But the power difference is big!

+1
    I went from a 2006 FX to a 2010 FZS and am very happy with it, with a few mods you can really get these things moving. If your into power you wont regret it, gauranteed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    I currently own a 2006 fx ho with 48 hours on it and absolutely love it. Since becoming a member of this site I've been toying with the idea of purchasing an FZR. Well...I made a few calls to dealerships and found a 2011 (leftover) fzs that I can purchase for 11000 plus tax and trailer; I feel I could get it for 500 less if I show up with cash in hand. But...tonight I was surfing Craigslist and stumbled upon a 2011 fzr with 30 hours on it and a 5 year yes warranty for 8975. I was instantly interested and made the call to get a bit of info. As it turns out, the owner needs the money to pay for his house and he's willing to reluctantly accept 8500 including the fzr, trailer, cover, and warranty. I don't really want to spend the cash leading into winter but this deal seems too good to pass up. What does everyone think? Is this deal really good or could I find the same deal give or take 500 this spring? I live in Maine and would be happy to travel 200 mile or so for the right deal come spring.
    If you don't grab it give me the info. so I can buy it.

+1
    I wouldn't hesitate to go with the pre-owned unit if it's in stock condition with the 5 year Y.E.S. warranty you can't go wrong. Give him a deposit, and if it's not too cold, see if you can take a test ride or at least run it on the hose. But if you snooze you will lose, it won't be around long at that price.

+1
    $8500 is a sweet deal...! The 5 year warranty on a used low hour ski is the icing on the cake! That seat cover looks awful on that FZR. First thing I would change.

+1
    So I just took a look at the wave runner and it's really nice the only concern I have is when I let off the throttle I can hear the bearings in the supercharger make a clicking sound. Is that typical?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    So I just took a look at the wave runner and it's really nice the only concern I have is when I let off the throttle I can hear the bearings in the supercharger make a clicking sound. Is that typical?
    When you shut off the ski you should hear the SC spin down--you can hear it free spinning for a few seconds. When you let off the throttle when the ski is running you should not hear anything from the SC. If the SC makes any noise besides on shut down, that should be a red flag IMO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information