Persistence and determination

Picked up a 2000 "barn find" ultra 150 a few weeks back. 68 hrs and un- molested,never in the salt( rare for being in SoCal). Anyway I got her running and decided to " improve it" .seems like every proven part is no longer made or hard to find.Being that I'm a little late to the party. After hours Internet searching.i decide to go the old fashioned route. The phone. Called group k and found my beach house sponsons, called skiworx and after 3-4 calls a day for about 2 weeks I finally got a call back and placed an order for triple pissers.found a solas/impro 16/20 prop on ebay. Called bob at Shredmaster a few times a day for the past few weeks also.got him on the horn last week and they were in the mmiddle of a move. Finally got an email reply tonight.so should get my plate next week? Now I'm on the hunt for a UMI steering setup. Also ordered a cover from jettribe.nice stuff.

+1
    Congratulations on the 'new' 'Ski! They're wonderful! Better inspect/replace the oil lines, they tend to split due to age.

Good luck with the JetTribe cover. They had production problems and they wouldn't fit. I scored a new factory cover for my Ultra last year and sent JetTribe my old one so they could try to get it right. They claim that they use an original cover as a pattern, which is probably true; however, they don't make any allowance for extra material for sewing. All the covers they sent me were too small.

Thanks! Been out of it for about 12 years and went back into it full swing. Both skis got all new oil lines.
    Last edited by Sicaz66; 11-13-2012 at 08:30 PM.

+1
    Sounds like they finally got the cover figured out. That's good.

Edited my post. Jettribe cover is real tight. Guess I didn't pay attention when I installed it. ( was dark)Keeps coming off the rear unless straps are on.i thought it would stretch but it doesnt. Called them today.

Still waiting on cover? Hope I'm not getting a run around? Funny thing is it fits my zxi better than it fits the ultra??
    Oh yeah and have a brand new UMI steering setup on its way for the ultra!!

Thread Information