Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Monster 500 dollar score! Did I do good? Pair polaris jet ski

Its a monster score... A pair polaris for 500 with trailer.

Both have clear title but trailer don't and the owner told me both runs and the slth have brand new motor with onlu ten hours on it and sltx still have original motor. No idea on hours because both gague don't work look like I will have to look for replace.

The bad is both seat will need recovered and lots of starches. purple sltx have major starches on whole left side from tied to dock and left overnight , at some point high wave came and pound the jet ski on dock. blue slth have a crack damaged on top side by storage tank that will need fix.

I haven't test ride her on the water (too cold) and both battery are dead. I took a big gamble with 500 dollar but I feel if anything goes wrong I should be able to get money back or make some profit by parted it out and sell the trailer.

The owner claimed its brand new motor few years ago (no paper works on it, he said he can't find it ) The reason he have to replace motor is because the oil pump went out and sized the original motor.

Still original motor

+1
    by the way both is 1998

Banned User
    +1
    For only having 500 bucks in them you should be able to fix then and run them and still be money ahead. Nice pick up.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    def a good deal!! if you want to keep your money spent down.....read every page of this twice and then do all the preventitive items before you take them for a ride
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/
    it doesnt take much to burn up a motor on these things when there not getting oil and or fuel

you can also redo your seats for 30 dollars worth of vinyl and some stainless staples, or get pre made covers for about 160

+1

Monster 500 dollar score! Did I do good? Pair polaris jet ski

I would say you did very well! That trailer could be sold for 500 bucks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cascivic View Post
    def a good deal!! if you want to keep your money spent down.....read every page of this twice and then do all the preventitive items before you take them for a ride
    it doesnt take much to burn up a motor on these things when there not getting oil and or fuel

you can also redo your seats for 30 dollars worth of vinyl and some stainless staples, or get pre made covers for about 160
    I plan to drop both off at local shop to doing checked up due been not in use for couples of years and I don't think it have been winterized (how do I able to tell if it already winterized?)

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cascivic View Post

I plan to drop both off at local shop to doing checked up due been not in use for couples of years and I don't think it have been winterized (how do I able to tell if it already winterized?)
    I dont know if youll be able to tell if they were winterized if they havnt been used in a few seasons. i would do a few basics checks yourself before bringing to a shop if your able. i would buy a new battery and hook it up and see if they at least spin/fire first(remember connect postitive cable first, then negative and to take off reverse the order). i would pull the spark plugs out first just incase something nasty (water etc) got into the jugs and spin it with the plugs out. then go ahead and put the plugs back in and see if it will at least fire. dont run it for more than 20 seconds without the hose!. once it does actually fire i would go rent (for free) a compression gauge from auto zone or pep boys and do a compression check. I dont know your wrenching abilities but believe me the internet is your friend! this can seriously be done by almost anyone with just a cheap little socket set. this will at least give you a baseline before you get it to a shop and have potential for big bills.

this is a lil more straightforward

Banned User
    +1
    Winterizing these really involves just fogging the motor and removing the batteries. I wouldn't even bother taking them in. Get yourself a new battery, hook it up and check compression on the engines. See if the skis will fire up and run. If they don't run, then you can start digging in to them to find out what is going on. If you can get them to run, buy a can of fogging oil and fog the engines yourself.

+1
    You got a great deal, if you don't need 2, get them both running & sell one. Also make sure to grease the driveshaft fitting, lots of people neglect this & eventually the splines get stripped off the shaft.

+1
    Def I'm going to do that first to see if it acutely runs. and speaking of drive shaft, I have done that on seadoo couples of times but this is my first time on polaris.

The question: is drive shaft supposed to come out like that?

The housing and blade looks ok, there bird nest in it as u can see it have been sit quite too long, both last tag was 2006.

And the body damaged that need to be taken care of.
    Major starches from dock on side of the sltx

and major crack on side of the slth (the owner told me about three years ago during heavy snow tree fell on it caused damaged on the top of slth so he found replaced top storage door but will need to do body work on the rest)

Was very dirty so I cleaned the motor up

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information