Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No lie!

+1

No lie!

Ok guys.... This is a dream that keeps coming to me at least once a week. I keep ht

+1

No lie!

Sorry hit a button on accident.. So this dream keeps coming to me about starting a pwc fishing charter service. I just keep thinking of all the guys who have boats or pay to charter and would love to see what it's like to pwc fish. I understand that my fishing would have to improve but the overall concept sounds like a winner to me! What do you guys think? I may never have to work a day in my life again......

+1
    Personally, depending on how you go about it, I like the idea and had considered it myself. But, being the wife has 3 kids in college (me being the oldest), plus I run a business M-F, it isn't going to happen. And my fishing skills really need improving!

I never checked into it, but I think you'll still need an "Captain's" licenses to be a guide and prob. a small amount of general liability insurance. And, I'm assuming, your clients will have to furnish their own ski. If you decide to, I will help you design a small ad and we'll place it on my site for free and see what happens... I'd be happy to help - let me know if I can.

+1
    Also in most states wouldn't the operator of each ski need a Pwc license? I know in Florida you don't so there ya go.

+1
    In LA, if born after a certain date (it's on the LDWF site, but I didn't look it up...) you have to pass a course and get an operators lics. Before that date, no lics is required. Folks such as me (yes, I'm gettin' on in my years) are not required to have any such permit. They would also need the appropriate fishing lics(s).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KJvxr View Post
    Also in most states wouldn't the operator of each ski need a Pwc license? I know in Florida you don't so there ya go.
    not in WA, renters dont need one.

I would so do it!
    Last edited by r33pwrd; 11-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.

+1
    Sounds like a good Dream! I have thought about it also. Good Luck!

+1
    you should do an touring service where you can take groups out on a ride than fish than a BBQ at the end with what they caught I see this a lot when I travel international but not much in the states (day long tours not jetski fishing).

I would love to be able to take my whole company on an adventure like this as a team building type thing!

+1
    83 gator, same thing in FL . After a certain date nothing is required. My iPad battery died , and submitted post

+1

No lie!

Thanks guys! I've never in my life had such a strong feeling about a business opportunity as I do this one. I'm gonna keep dreaming it up and see what what happens. My Dad loves the idea which is a lil odd to me cause he hasn't been pwc fishing before. He just loves to fish. The problem that may be holding me back is my wife thinks its crazy and she doesn't like to take 💰chances.

83gator: no way would I ask someone to bring there own ski. I'm thinking bigtime. Like have a bunch of skis and provide everything for them. All they have to do is show up. Just like when you charter a boat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information