long islanders whats the plans for your skis for the winter?!

so long island while this season coming to a end whats your plan for your skis for next season?!

il start

have a 01gp1200r that blew the motor beginning of the season. carl at island racing did the full motor and carbs, ski already has free flow exhuast, d plate and riva intake grate..

plans for this winter is impeller, and a worked ride plate.. also maybe heads and a hole shot kit.. really want to try and keep up with all the newer skis that are out there..

lets here your plans guys?! and will have to get a huge first ride started for next season

+1
    I went through the same thing as you my ski blew up last year in the beginning of the season. Carl also did my rebuild and we have almost an identical set up. Home many hours are on the pump? I would definitely go over your whole pump this winter just to make sure everything is perfect. I didn't have much of a season this year. I new I needed to go over my pump but found out the hard way. I ended being to busy to get to it in the summer to save my season so now it’s a winter project when I'm not at school. Not in Long Island, but I'm in the process of redoing everything in the rear of the ski.

So far I have took the whole pump apart and sanded then blasted some parts in a parts cleaner. Then I primed and painted everything black. Rebuilt pump with new bearings, seals, driveshaft and prop. Next are new intermediate shaft, bearings and seals. Last I will be putting everything back together and it will be sealed back up with 4200 and new brackets for the pump shoe/intake grate and ride plate. Also I will be re-enforcing the pump while I am in there, have not decided if I will fiberglass it myself or just buy the coco mold.

i have a 150 hours on my pump and rest of the ski.. so the pumps go bad on these?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Islandrida92 View Post
    i have a 150 hours on my pump and rest of the ski.. so the pumps go bad on these?
    Go over the bearings and pump grease. While your at it check your driveshaft splines for corrosion. If it has never been looked at if it is time. Make sure you apply molybdenum disulfide grease on the splines when you put your pump back in. For pump grease people use a 50/50 mix of gear lube and marine grease. Any good marine grade quality gear lube and grease will work. I used Mystik, many people use Amsoil.

Thread Information