Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pump wedge and rod for 09 rxpx??????

so Ive read a bunch about the pump wedge and im confused as to weather or not i wanna add it to my set up. i currently have an 09 px with a 4in intake, free flow exhaust, solas 15/22r w/speed freaks nose cone, r&d intake grate, and a stock rxp nozzle(83mm). i hear that the wedge and rod will give u top speed but kills the bottom end and thrust?? also my buddy had one on his rx and it made the ski very bouncy.. i guess im asking, do u loose that much bottom end and handling for a small gain of speed at the top?? is it worth buying?? thanks for any input..

Do you know if that would fit on a 06 rxp?

Quote Originally Posted by herbie1222 View Post
    Do you know if that would fit on a 06 rxp?
    i havent ordered it yet.. trying to get input from people that have a set up like this before i order it.

+1
    I never added one to my setup, purely for the fact that I didn't want to pay the coin just for the bragging rights of going 1.5mph faster. I tried to stick to mods that improve overall performance.

You will not lose any bottom end from installing the wedge, all you're doing is altering the angle of the pump nozzle to raise the front of the hull out of the water some more, thus reducing drag. I think it will affect handling some and increase porpoising as you mentioned.

Ok.. I wanna keep stock ecu, fuel, head, ect and just stick to "bolt ons" do u think that its a good purchase if that's my route??

+1
    I am interested also... See my sig... I don't run my trim all the way up at WOT though... So I'm wondering if it will even give me any speed... I run my ski 1-2 bars below full trim... (I'm about 240 lbs.) Let me know what your thoughts are...

Ripper

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNSki View Post
    I am interested also... See my sig... I don't run my trim all the way up at WOT though... So I'm wondering if it will even give me any speed... I run my ski 1-2 bars below full trim... (I'm about 240 lbs.) Let me know what your thoughts are...

Ripper
    Hey mate, no one will get max speed with the trim in the top position. The reason for this is that the flow of water is only redirected by the VTS nozzle to control the bow of the ski. This is inefficient and causes a loss of propulsion, the point 1 above centre is just the right spot, where little propulsion is lost and the bow coming further out of the water results in a gain in speed.

The wedge adjusts the angle of the venturi nozzle to raise the bow of the ski without sacrificing efficiency.

+1
    The wedge will give you 1mph or more speed but you will sacrifice some handling in return. It prevents the ski from carving (turning as sharp) as it did without it.

do u think adding Riva sponsons will get it back to normal? Ocman, I see u have it on your ski now. would you say its a good "bolt on" mod?? and do u loose the bottom end punch with it?? I don't wanna loose that and still wanna have a decent handling ski . thanks..

+1
    Do you have to use the ext rod? or can you just use the stock rod... (I'm not looking for hole shot...) Just top speed

Ripper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information