11-14-2012, 12:16 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Orlando, Florida, United States
2013 Region 7 Pro Hydro-X Tour information
As many of you know, The Pro Hydro-X Tour has new owners! Brad Clark and Brent Venderley purchased the Closed Course portion of the Pro Hydro-X Tour and will be running a full season of racing and Freestyle, including the new Kaotik ramp for 2013!
The purpose of this is to inform those that do not already know about the change of ownership, to give everybody that will be attending the Region 7 Pro Hydro-X Tour in 2013 some preliminary information about our plans and also give riders and spectators alike a chance to give us some feedback and suggestions.
At this time all plans are still preliminary. We are working first on scheduling and race locations, second on prepping for putting on great events throughout the year.
We are currently talking to many different locations. We have gone back to some former race sites from previous years, along with a couple from the 2012 season and some new ones. So far we are in the process of finalizing four Florida dates, three across the middle of the state and one in South Florida. We also will be firming up one date in GA over the next couple weeks.
Here is where you participate... read these and feel free to comment and suggest
- With five dates so far, we are looking to add three to five more. We would like to cover two to three more states in Region 7 and have the balance of the dates in Florida.
- We are looking to start the season in late March and end in September.
- We know that some of you will be attending all or some of the IJSBA National Series, so we will be scheduling around those dates and possibly putting on races when the National Series goes to Racine and the West Coast.
- A couple of the locations we are looking at will lend themselves to a tight technical coarse and others will be fast and more wide open. We want to mix it up this season a little and test the ability of every rider and machine.
- We will be adding one or more jumps into the courses this year for all but the beginner classes. They will be shorter than the Kaotik freestyle ramp that some of you have seen us jumping, and also have a flat surface instead of the curve. There will be a split for riders to choose that will not have jumps.
- We will have the Kaotik freestyle ramp at all events for freestyle competition. It will be open for both standup and sitdowns (ALL sitdowns) during the usual freestyle show. We will obviously have to add new classes to incorporate the addition.
- We will be running specials and/or discounts for racers who bring beginning racers out for the weekend. We are also discussing club specials or discounts for the larger groups that may want to attend.
- We realize that the racers are vital to our success and also think that the longterm success of the sport in general involves spectators wanting to come see us race. With that in mind, we are brainstorming and coming up with ideas to make the Pro Hydro-X Tour more spectator friendly... ie better course design, food, vendors, live music, places to sit, smaller events within the event, etc. Please add your suggestions!
- Brad and I have been discussing hosting some Pro Hydro-X "track days" this winter in hopes of bringing in potential racers for 2013. Some riders have told us they would like to "run some buoys" before having to jump in to a competition, and we know that the seasoned racers are always looking for a good practice day. So, we think it would be great to have the newbies be able to come out, run buoys and have some fun with the guys that already have races under their belt, in a no pressure scenario. EVERYONE is welcome... pros to beginners! We will figure out a couple classes and skill levels so it is safe, and are thinking of charging something like $25 for the day.
- Please like and contact us through this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sea-D...794778?fref=ts,
or at email@example.com.
We are having some issues with the website that was used for the tour in 2012, so at this time please DISREGARD any information contained there, and please refer to www.prohydrox.com as your resource for the 2013 season. You should start seeing some information on there within the next week and we will continue to work and add new features over the next few months.
Region 7 Pro Hydro-X Tour 2013
11-14-2012, 01:01 AM #2
I am really looking forward to this. Best of luck to You and Brad on taking this sport we all love into the future.
I personally have met and competed against Brent. Can't get better than this guy. I am sure this series will reflect the dedication they have to this sport. This dedication is what lets me know that we will have this sport around for a long time to enjoy. There is no doubt these events will be a great time for all attending either to compete or spectate.
11-17-2012, 09:28 AM #3
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Senior Extremer in forum Race Events and NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM
By rxpstan in forum Race Events and NewsReplies: 192Last Post: 08-31-2012, 12:49 AM
By Jet-Rampage in forum Videos & PicturesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-07-2012, 10:36 AM
By 08GPR in forum Yamaha ClassifiedsReplies: 13Last Post: 10-29-2009, 09:18 AM
By beachboy66 in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life RallyReplies: 8Last Post: 07-25-2007, 09:10 PM