Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1

relationship between rotor and trigger wheel rxp

putting back together my 2004 rxp atm after breaking a tooth off the lower timing gear ( dont ask)
    any way just wondering if there is a certain way that the rotor and trigger wheel have the line up.
    there is an alinement pin for the flywheel and the trigger wheel but nothing for the rotor.
    theres no mention of it in the manual, how ever the rotor does have some balancing markings or what looks like balancing markings on it and some writing and a directional arrow.

any help would be greatly appreciated id hate to have to remove the pto at a later date!

cheers tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotor and trigger wheel.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	287151  

+1
    The mag does not have a set location. As long as the flywheel and trigger wheel are on the pin your good to go. Whichever way you put it on the pin will show in the large hole.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    The mag does not have a set location. As long as the flywheel and trigger wheel are on the pin your good to go. Whichever way you put it on the pin will show in the large hole.
    I learned the hard way that this is not the case. I had them lined up but they were still a bolt hole off. Fortunately for me tommygunner had a pic of an 08 and it helped me get mine back together right. There is a set location in reference to the trigger wheel vs the pin, at least on an 08 there is.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    I learned the hard way that this is not the case. I had them lined up but they were still a bolt hole off. Fortunately for me tommygunner had a pic of an 08 and it helped me get mine back together right. There is a set location in reference to the trigger wheel vs the pin, at least on an 08 there is.
    I never worried about this on the 06 and never had an issue. What did this cause?

i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1
    id imagine it wouldnt fire... iv looked up a few for sale adds on here and set it up the same way they had theirs... if it doesnt work most people in melbourne may hear me scream in pain

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    id imagine it wouldnt fire... iv looked up a few for sale adds on here and set it up the same way they had theirs... if it doesnt work most people in melbourne may hear me scream in pain
    Have you bolted it back up yet?

+1

Re: relationship between rotor and trigger wheel rxp

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    I never worried about this on the 06 and never had an issue. What did this cause?
    A no start backfire. Any time I do this again I will take pics and use a marking pen.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Have you bolted it back up yet?
    As long as you use your trigger wheel it should work fine.

+1
    If all you did is replace flywheel then just replace trigger wheel in stock location with dowel. Makes no difference where the flywheel goes but easiest to install on dowel. Mag doesn't matter either.

Now changing "cranks" from an 06 or up you would have to reclock trigger wheel accordingly due to the dowel being clocked for the different pickup location.

Its very easy and just line up to stock location.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    If all you did is replace flywheel then just replace trigger wheel in stock location with dowel. Makes no difference where the flywheel goes but easiest to install on dowel. Mag doesn't matter either.

Now changing "cranks" from an 06 or up you would have to reclock trigger wheel accordingly due to the dowel being clocked for the different pickup location.

Its very easy and just line up to stock location.
    Problem was I forgot to Mark the stock location and you can line the flywheel and trigger wheel up and it can still be a bolt hole off. Thankful for the pics.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information