Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Norcal Pittsburg,ca 100 mile Endurance Race 12/15/12!!

If enough racers fill the list it will happen! He's only asking for 12 - 15!! I know there's 20+ out there!!

These clips are from that race in 2009...

From another site

I apologize to ALL YOU ENDURO GUYS who I admire so much, for being a crappy fan, friend, and enduro race promoter... In being totally honest, this has not been one of my stellar years, and I've been trying to get through the closed course season by the skin of my teeth, which we did a couple weeks back.

I always knew the possibility was there - but never thought it would actually happen to me, but it did. Early in the season I lost the motor on the staff motorhome, the rear axle on the safety ski trailer, and a few other mechanical setbacks that put the race season in financial jeopardy. With that came an assignment change at work, and most recently having to deal with some personal issues at home with having my Mom taken care of since my Dad's passing. This is the brief version of life, but in a nutshell I've been reminded of what it's like to "have a full plate"...

I've received quite a few emails and phone calls in the past week in regards to whether or not we're running any enduro races up here and my answer to that was "oh crap -it's November already???

I wanted to pull off the SF Bay race, but with the America Cup security zones in place, and then the planning for Fleetweek - those plans had to take a back seat to my enduro plans. I wanted to get all you guys up to Frank's Tract for a 100 miler because you won't believe what a wild ride that body of water can offer on a windy day until you see it for yourself, but that one is also going to have to wait being its on state waters and permits take a little bit of time to get approved.

That leaves us with not too many dates to choose from, but the one race that many of you still talk about is the Pittsburg race we ran at the Seafood Festival a couple years back where Jammin Jimmy Walker and Lee Phan made eternal enduro history in one of the most intense races we've ever seen!

If you guys still have the itch to race - I will put together a 100 mile race (in two 50 mile races) out of Pittsburg around Brown's Island. About the only date I can see that stays clear of Thanksgiving and Christmas, is saturday December 15th. I am pretty sure I can get a race team together and get the permits approved on short notice, but much of what depends if this is a go or not - is on you guys...
    Last season we ended the year at Camp Far West where I had 5 team orange safety skis for 5 enduro racers. Yes I know its pretty cool to have your own safety ski assigned to you during a race - but realistically??? Just can't do that too many times without breaking the bank guys...

If there are 12 to 15 of you guys who want to battle one last time in 2012, we'll give you the battlefield, but I need to know what the real numbers are in advance to make it work. Sat Dec 15th in Pittsburg. If you're interested please list your name here - and if not, I totally understand and we'll look ahead to 2013 where I hope to be able to offer you 3 good races.

Again, my humble apologies for falling out of touch with you guys. Theres no way I could ever forget about ANY OF YOU because you've all made a lasting impression on me but this year got the better of me, and I've been trying to keep up with the unexpected challenges.

If you still want to race - I want a front row seat to see you race, so just lt me know and we'll make it happen.

Sincerely,
    Jim Lambert
    DJSA

LIST

1.Philip Monday
    2.Jeff Kataoka
    3.Paul Pham

Banned User
    +1

Norcal Pittsburg,ca 100 mile Endurance Race 12/15/12!!

I'm in if it happens

+1

+1
    That guy ate shit in the first video. That had to hurt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    That guy ate shit in the first video. That had to hurt.
    Hahaha, that was the final turn of the final lap of the last race...

Banned User
    +1
    im interested, ill only have had my cast off for 2 weeks and havent sat on a ski since WF's.... could be a [email protected]@t show but ill consider it

+1
    LIST

1) Philip Monday
    2) Jeff Kataoka
    3) Paul Pham
    4) Cheng Leu
    5) Tommy Kolleck
    6) Nick Vanis
    7) Johnny Anick
    8. Derek Newton
    9) Sean Conner
    Last edited by ou812; 11-17-2012 at 01:57 AM.

+1
    Nice videos! Very nice endurance there!

Dean brown will also be there! The more racers that show up for this event, the more effect we will have in helping Jim put together an awesome 2013 enduro season. I have had to take a break away from racing the last couple years and I have missed jims enduros everyday since. Jim I can't thank you enough for the races you put together.

+1
    3 weeks and 5 more riders to go...2 races...Run what you brung... If Your ski breaks on the 1st race.... Run your other one if you have it for the 2nd race...

Updated list

1) Philip Monday
    2) Jeff Kataoka
    3) Paul Pham
    4) Cheng Leu
    5) Tommy Kolleck
    6) Nick Vanis
    7) Johnny Anick
    8. Derek Newton
    9) Sean Conner
    10) Dean Brown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast