Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ski worx cv carb mod

can any one tell exactly what they do to the carbs ? all i can find on search is they mod them which dosnt tell me much. do they rebuild and re jet them as well ? anyone have it done and have feed back they can share with me ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 bad bolt View Post
    can any one tell exactly what they do to the carbs
    ---------------
    He modifies the carbs - namely for use with aftermarket Flame Arrestors. Pro-K's.

The carb slides are accuated by vaccuum - and when removing the OEM air box (F/A) the ability to create vaccuum is GREATLY reduced.

Hence the modification consists of accelerating the opening of the slides on the CV Carbs to give them a "head-start" in the open position while under acceleration. This is accomplished by adding spacers (washers) under the vaccuum needle portion of the slide in the diaphram area of the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 bad bolt View Post
    do they rebuild and re jet them as well?
    Rebuild.... definately NOT re-jet, I don't think so, yet there may be a slight adjustment made to the OEM setting.

Reference:

http://ultra150.yuku.com/reply/21545...is#reply-21545

Good Luck !!!

thanks for giving me a better in sight on exactly what and how they perform , i tried emailing them but never got a response

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Search Skiworx I'm sure you'll think twice about using him then.

Unless your carbs are shot, don't touch them.

Cheers, Mal

iv been kinda wondering on it , since its been 3 days and no response to 2 of my emails incquiring about his mods and services , i read up on the exhaust stinger mod and kind of gathered more people not liking it over people that do

+1
    The stinger mod is ok but nothing special. You could do it yourself pretty easily. All it does is not allow the waterbox to fill up if you are idling. If you know how to blow it out before you take off that's the same.

blip the gas real quick before its go time ? lol so basically i should stick with my original plans ,group k stage one and run with it along with other bolts ons and forget about the carb and exhaust mod? im doing a rebuild on a ski i picked up last week and have all winter waiting for warm whether to make my choices lol

+1
    I didn't really like that stinger mod - and to tell you the truth, I lined-up with a similiar Ultra-150 (one with the mod, and one without) - and same holeshot. I think there's a lot of "hype" about the concept - yet the "real" truth is what I discovered and what Mal says in his post.

There is no doubt that if you search the business name and spend time reading posts here - and even over on that BB - that you will certainly see that the Business Practices and numerous dealings with them will certainly make you shake your head in dis-belief, and ask yourself how this business "remains" - and even the BB, I am suprised that it still remains.

I think NMPeter had a post once - as he runs a business and stated something about Customer Service - or the "lack" there-of (or rather absence there-of).

You need to ask yourself, how fast you want to go, how much money you want to spend, how much reliability are you willing to sacrifice?

I really enjoyed my Ultra-150. It was one nimble, easy to toss-around, pretty quick, sweet handling, hang turns and come out of a corner pegged, fun machine.

I think the hangling mods really made for increased satisfaction on the "Fun Factor" scale. (SM Rideplate, R&D Intake Grate, BH Sponsons, Trim Mod, R&D Pump Extender Nozzle)

I think Mal went with Mikuni Carbs. That's an option - yet be prepared to spend some money and time.

There is a thread on this BB about Johnny5 and his STX-r build. I recommend you read that thread - as it is extensive. You should also read Morris's (btldigger) contribution to this ski - located on this BB and on the other site.

Good Luck !!!!

i thank you for the info and un bias responses, i did have a ultra back in 02 sold it now back with another and never got into the big mods then, i have been doing much reading and searching on many different topics as possible. im looking to build a ski that is a weekend warrior to play on the lake with, with out dumping every penny i own in to it . so far im cutting the heads group k , triple pisser mod, stock intake mod, shread master , pump blue print/rebuild with a dyna fly prop ,r/d nozzle extender, sponsons, trim mod , running the hoses through the storage container mod. im hoping starting off with whats in mind will make me happy , i was really considering the ski worx carb/exhaust mod but not really feeling it with the feed back i have gotten and the service i received back from them so far "none"

+1
    The stinger doesn't really "come alive" until you put the 44's on. I probably went to far with my mods and found other weaknesses in the process.

You can do it all yourself, without needed Skiworx's help. In fact, the pats he sent to me were either wrong or of very average quality that I had to replace anyway.

The measure of a good business is how they stand by their customers when something goes wrong (when it goes right, anyone can do that) and unfortunately he has been know to "rip-off" his customers more than once (if you can't physically walk into his shop don't go anywhere near him)

Cheers, Mal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information