Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, I just got my jet ski virginity taken away. Haven't rode it yet, but just bought an 89 Kawasaki 550 PRO and I had a few questions!

I've looked at a lot of videos on YouTube, but could not find a 550 PRO.. only SJ and SW or something along those models, never a PRO.

The jet ski I have runs very good, he rebuilt the carbs, new gas tank, aftermarket parts on the ski such as the air intake/filter, heads, exhaust, etc.. The body however, is a little beat up, the very front has chipped spots, bottom is deeply scratched up, few minor cracks on the sides, and the turfs (I'm guessing original ones) are coming off!

The buying price was $600, was this a good buy?

My plan is to paint it black, and have lime green turfs, along with the green gas cap and handle bars. Similar to this guy's 550 - http://i47.tinypic.com/351fk44.jpg

I don't have any experience in body work nor painting and was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit! Is there any online accessory stores for this ski specifically? Could I have a link please?

Thank you! Cheers!