Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool F Z R F Z S Which one should I get --- and why do you say that ?

Open for opinions and any tech aspects of the Hull / Ride Plate / weight differences (if any) and riding characteristic differences between the two.

Only major diff. I see and read about is the seat and color choices.

A Yellow FZS with a re-covered Yellow FZR seat seems to be the ticket but....

+1

Re: F Z R F Z S Which one should I get --- and why do you say that ?

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Open for opinions and any tech aspects of the Hull / Ride Plate / weight differences (if any) and riding characteristic differences between the two.

They're identical except for the seat, tow hook and color/graphics.

+1
    Depends on how you ride if needing the 3rd seat and tow hook as found on the FZS and pretty much only main differences. If looking at the 2013 as stated in your signature, they have the boarding step as the older ones didn't.

+1
    Fzs.
    3 seaters sell easier when your tired of it and want to update.
    I've sold a lot of fzs skis quickly.
    The 2 fzr's I had were bought by people that specifically wanted the fzr.
    They ride the same...
    Good luck in your purchase ....

+1
    They are exactly the same ski excepting the rear seat style, and boarding ladder missing on the older FZR.
    HOWEVER, in many states (including Indiana) the 2 passenger listing makes the FZR illegal to ride 3 OR tow any person.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    They are exactly the same ski excepting the rear seat style, and boarding ladder missing on the older FZR.
    HOWEVER, in many states (including Indiana) the 2 passenger listing makes the FZR illegal to ride 3 OR tow any person.
    Thankfully that's not the case in MN (and Im actually surprised as this nanny state usually has the most regulation on everything so shhhh don't tell the DNR) as here you only need either a passenger looking back OR factory mirror(s) but there's no requirement for a seat(s) for the skier/tubers.

I'm with the cool kids Mowerpan's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Thankfully that's not the case in MN (and Im actually surprised as this nanny state usually has the most regulation on everything so shhhh don't tell the DNR) as here you only need either a passenger looking back OR factory mirror(s) but there's no requirement for a seat(s) for the skier/tubers.
    I have a fzr and purchased it used which dictates what ya get. Finding the right one in the right condition at the right price. FZS were hard to find so I ended up with a FZR. I would rather have the FZS just for the tow hook. Not because I tow or need the 3 person capacity but because on my older ski I use it along with the handle bars to tie it to the dock and keep the rear from spining around. The fzr does look sportier however.

+1
    If had to do it again it would be a SHO. They ride like a dream and you can make them fly.

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post

+1
    I would be AMAZED if you were allowed to (LEGALLY) tow a skier with a spotter on a two-person ski. Reason being that you will have exceeded the passenger rating when you pickup your skier.

That's why I went with the FZS although I don't tow much. Kinda wants to rip the rope out of hands when the boost comes on.

That said, I can't imagine the water cops ever stopping an FZR pulling a tube with a spotter on my lake. But it could happen. I've see a 3 person ski pulling a tube with 3 kids on it throughout the summer. Cops are not on my lake very often.

+1

Re: F Z R F Z S Which one should I get --- and why do you say that ?

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I would be AMAZED if you were allowed to (LEGALLY) tow a skier with a spotter on a two-person ski. Reason being that you will have exceeded the passenger rating when you pickup your skier.

That's why I went with the FZS although I don't tow much. Kinda wants to rip the rope out of hands when the boost comes on.

That said, I can't imagine the water cops ever stopping an FZR pulling a tube with a spotter on my lake. But it could happen. I've see a 3 person ski pulling a tube with 3 kids on it throughout the summer. Cops are not on my lake very often.
    Well prepare to be amazed then, the MN DNR boaters rule book (and relevant statutes) say absolutely nothing about number of seats required for towing a skier. The only requirement is spotter OR factory mirror(s), no add on mirrors allowed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information