+1

How to Disassemble RIVA Power Cooler ?

I finally got my power cooler out and I am installing a TiAL BOV and I need to get the top part of to send it to the shop to get the flange welded on. I removed all the nuts on top and still pretty stuck on there. Any help would be greatly appreciated and also torque specs when re-assembling would also be nice Thank You !

+1
    Hi dude,

I also had to make a weld at my riva cooler too and had this same problem.

To disassemble my one I had to use a rubber hammer.
    All parts always are firmly together and seems to be glued. Hard to get it all loose at first time.

Just beat a little at the bottom and upper pieces that it all will get loose.
    To reassembly, unluckily I also didnīt find any torque instructions either, so I tight it all untill I felt it was all firm.
    Just tight the screws one side by each other side. Making a "X".

My real problem was with the two rubber gaskets that goes between the core element; they were a little worn. Then after all was reassembled I check for any leak by using compressed air inside and wetting outside with water looking for any bubble.

I think Riva sell that rubber gaskets apart as spare. Should be good replace them after sometime.

Hope it helps.

Wender Jones.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wender Jones View Post
    Hi dude,

I also had to make a weld at my riva cooler too and had this same problem.

To disassemble my one I had to use a rubber hammer.
    All parts always are firmly together and seems to be glued. Hard to get it all loose at first time.

Just beat a little at the bottom and upper pieces that it all will get loose.
    To reassembly, unluckily I also didnīt find any torque instructions either, so I tight it all untill I felt it was all firm.
    Just tight the screws one side by each other side. Making a "X".

My real problem was with the two rubber gaskets that goes between the core element; they were a little worn. Then after all was reassembled I check for any leak by using compressed air inside and wetting outside with water looking for any bubble.

I think Riva sell that rubber gaskets apart as spare. Should be good replace them after sometime.

Hope it helps.

Wender Jones.
    Thanks Alot bro. I got it apart with the rubber mallet and some WD-40 soaking in the threads. Exactly how did you pressure test it? I wanna do this after to make sure I'm not leaving any boost on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    I finally got my power cooler out and I am installing a TiAL BOV and I need to get the top part of to send it to the shop to get the flange welded on. I removed all the nuts on top and still pretty stuck on there. Any help would be greatly appreciated and also torque specs when re-assembling would also be nice Thank You !
    Here is my answer from Riva about assembling:

"We don't have a torque spec, but a procedure/sequence. Starting with one of the inner-most studs and working in a criss-cross pattern outward tighten each nut 1~2 turns. The final sequence will leave approximately 2~3 threads showing on each stud. Any tighter than that and you will distort the rubber sealing gaskets inside the ducts."

+1
    Waterholics,

To test for any leak I closed one side of the cooler with a very thick plastic using plastic stripes. At the other side I introduced the compressed air by some kind of a cork bored in the middle. Or an easy way is wrap a rag around the hose and then fit it at the air entrace of the cooler.

Then you wet with water the outside searching for any bubbles at the joints of the pieces.
    Or you can also sink the cooler in a big water basin when still pressurizing the air inside the cooler.

Both methods works good.

About the screws torque tips, Tasosz also described very well.

Good luck.

Wender Melo

Thread Information