Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best reflash for stock motor FZ?

I am considering R2, R3, and Vtech Stage 2.

I don't see this ski being opened up too much due to reliability concerns. The mods would be FF, filter, and ribbon; the most that the ski may ever get is a small wheel and/or bigger intercooler.

Thanks.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    The vtech stage 2 has done me good with a c1 b1 wheel.......I ran the piss out of it

Forget R2, its waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR View Post

I don't see this ski being opened up too much due to reliability concerns. The mods would be FF, filter, and ribbon; the most that the ski may ever get is a small wheel and/or bigger intercooler.

Thanks.

+1
    R2 works fine for my application.

Thanks.

+1
    I personally still struggle to see where the R2 fits well? I assume the difference is rev limmeter and timing curve? If the R3 is safe I dont see why not run it? I want a "tune" of some sort before spring (when I will ride next)

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post

Thanks.
    working fine on mine as well.

+1
    I would really look at the new Athena ECU they are on sale plus you will still have your stock ECU and can add the dash later if you want it

but if you go reflash go R3 thats what I use no issues at all

+1

Best reflash for stock motor FZ?

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I would really look at the new Athena ECU they are on sale plus you will still have your stock ECU and can add the dash later if you want it

but if you go reflash go R3 thats what I use no issues at all
    +1 the Athena ECU will allow you to do some modification which is limited and you can download any of the map from Riva website and buy the dash and be able to store logs reading later on.

+1
    I struggled with that decision as well. I ultimately went with the R2. Can't say if I regret not going with the R3 (I had both infront of me) but I was told the motor would run a bit hotter due to the agreesive timing on the R3. Not hotter to the point of problems but I figured I'd just go with the R2, especially after just spending over 5K to rebuild motor. I was supposed to test both back to back but the R2 gave me what I wanted so I didn't bother. Still waiting for good weather to test good. Also thinking I may need a new/taller prop and rideplate (ski is bouncing like crazy). I still have the option to test the R3 but not sure if I will. If under the right conditions I'm over 75 then I'm a happy camper.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post

Thanks.
    Saw your ski today at Jim's. Badazz!!! If R2 works for you it will work for anyone. I won't say on open forum but comments are that your ski will be the fastest multipurpose ski (drag, slalom, closed course) in our area. If you feel like it, share what your hours are (I know cause I switched it on) and in what period of time since modifying. You already state your current speed at what RPM but after done with current mods will be rock solid and even faster at even higher RPM. Honestly the prettiest build I have seen for someone that rides weekly.

rcapone: I am stock except bolt on's shown in my signature. I discovered the bounce can be eliminated by how I put my body on the ski. I know I'm not as fast as you but there is a technique that some have discovered that keep the ski on balance and water pressure to the pump consistent. BTW what did you do? Hydro dip? Its a small pic so I can't tell in your signature.

All of this goes back to my argument that reflashes are duplicated and tweaked not customized and not justified in how much they cost.
    Last edited by VinceC; 11-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information