Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

please help tbm cone problem !!!

if you wouldn't mind i need your help and advice
    i have an fx sho 2009 ,and riva E1 wheel,air intake , exhaust and water box, R3 ecu, fuel regulator, stock 155mm liner,tbm cone,
    my problem is the cavitation !!!
    when i use the tbm cone with the skat 13/24 and 86 ring nozzle ,from a standstill the cavitation is horrible !!!
    and when i reach top speed the rpm suddenly drops from 8200 to 7500 !!!
    i checked everything in the sky looking for an air leak or something ,but everything was perfect.
    what is the best prop for the 155mm liner with the tbm when used ?
    do you advice installing the 160 liner with the tbm cone ? and if so what prop is the best for rpm on this set up ?
    my target rpm is 8500 and i ride in the ocean .
    thanks.

+1
    Yep, pretty similar to my results except my RPMS "only" dropped 350 rpms. In my opinion, based upon my results the TBM is total junk! I sold it after 1 ride with it. I'm curious to see just how many of the people cheerleading this part ACTUALLY run one on their ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by isa alnoaimi View Post
    when i reach top speed the rpm suddenly drops from 8200 to 7500 !!!
    What's the rev limiter on your ECU? Just from this comment is sounds like you are hitting the rev limiter, meaning your prop is under pitched.

+1
    if you wouldn't mind i need your help and advice
    i have an fx sho 2009 ,and riva E1 wheel,air intake , exhaust and water box, R3 ecu, fuel regulator, stock 155mm liner,tbm cone,
    my problem is the cavitation !!!
    when i use the tbm cone with the skat 13/24 and 86 ring nozzle ,from a standstill the cavitation is horrible !!!
    and when i reach top speed the rpm suddenly drops from 8200 to 7500 !!!
    i checked everything in the sky looking for an air leak or something ,but everything was perfect.
    what is the best prop for the 155mm liner with the tbm when used ?
    do you advice installing the 160 liner with the tbm cone ? and if so what prop is the best for rpm on this set up ?
    my target rpm is 8500 and i ride in the ocean .
    thanks.

Which impeller spacer are you using with the TBM cone?
    Can you measure the space between the impeller hub and TBM cone hub? this space should not be more than .040

So you are saying the RPM's will go to 8200 and then all of a sudden drop to 7500? If you are getting a sudden 700 RPM drop then I would start looking for a boost leak somewhere.

For your modifications I would be using a 160mm setup. In your hot climate in Bahrain I would be using a 13/18 160mm impeller. The TBM cone works perfectly with this setup.
    You will continue to have cavitation with a 155mm impeller when using a high power setup such as an E1 and R3 ECU reflash.

Also, that 86mm nozzle is too big when using a 155mm impeller. That in itself will cause cavitation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Yep, pretty similar to my results except my RPMS "only" dropped 350 rpms. In my opinion, based upon my results the TBM is total junk! I sold it after 1 ride with it. I'm curious to see just how many of the people cheerleading this part ACTUALLY run one on their ski.
    It's a shame you sold it after one ride and didn't take the time to dial it in. It's definitely not a bolt on part. To get the most out of it you have to do some pitch work and play with nozzle ring sizes and when you do that you reap the benefits. I have lots of customers using the TBM cone and love it. Josh (Bayou FZR) uses it on his ski also as well as Starter99 here on the forum, both with excellent results.

+1
    the R3 ecu rev limiter is 8800
    so your advice is to go less pitch than the skat 13/24 on the 155mm liner ? waht about the ring size ?
    i checked everything didnt find any boost leak
    and about the space between the impeller and hub i add an extra ring just to be safe,i think i will remove it,and stick with the spacer that came with the TBM cone
    also i have read some threads that the 160 set up with the tbm cone will drop speed

+1
    so your advice is to go less pitch than the skat 13/24 on the 155mm liner ? waht about the ring size ?
    No, my advice is to go with a 160mm liner
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1416

and 13/18 160mm impeller
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1451

Try using the 85mm ring with this setup.

i checked everything didnt find any boost leak
    If your RPM's suddenly drop off 700 RPM's there's a problem somewhere. It's not with the cone.

and about the space between the impeller and hub i add an extra ring just to be safe,i think i will remove it,and stick with the spacer that came with the TBM cone
    Oh well that explains it. You will have tremendous cavitation if you move the impeller too far forward away from the hub.

also i have read some threads that the 160 set up with the tbm cone will drop speed
    Not true! Most of the fastest guys are using 160mm and TBM cones if they are using the stock pump.
    Those that are complaining probably bolted a TBM cone on and saw RPM loss (speed loss) and didn't take the time to fine tune the impeller to gain back the lost RPM's.

+1
    you know i tried everything
    i tried the stock cone and the stock prop and ring 82mm
    of course the cavitation was horrible ,but the top seed was insane !!! i reached 84 mph easily
    i will follow your advice i will order the 160 liner with prop 13/18
    thanks alot for your help and everyone here
    i will give you my results

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Not true! Most of the fastest guys are using 160mm and TBM cones if they are using the stock pump.
    Those that are complaining probably bolted a TBM cone on and saw RPM loss (speed loss) and didn't take the time to fine tune the impeller to gain back the lost RPM's.
    I put mine on with the latest round of Skat specific spacers and with a 15/23. I EXPECTED to lose RPM, I knew that I would have to fine tune the prop pitch to get the RPMs back but when I tried it and got WORSE cavitation I was done.

+1
    what was your pitched prop ? and what ring you used ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information