Thread: swallowed a rock, motor wont run
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM #1
swallowed a rock, motor wont run
So I got to close to the shore and it sounded like my ski swallowed a rock. It made a nasty sound like there was a rock in the motor. Then it died and now the motor wont start. Any ideas on what happened and how I can fix it? Thanks
11-19-2012, 11:01 AM #2
Probably have a rock wedged in the pump......look up the intake grate towards the back of the ski, also look in from the steering nozzle, most likey will have to pull the pump......
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM #3
Or it could be a possible coincidence that a crank bearing went out and a rod let go right as you were near the shore. Does it turn over?
11-19-2012, 02:18 PM #4
Well they had to pull the pump and there were several rocks in there, also damaged my impeller which I had to replace
11-19-2012, 07:59 PM #5
Doh! They don't process rocks well.
11-20-2012, 12:04 AM #6
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Traverse City
Bummer man. It happens more than you would think, glad your engine is okay.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)