Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need advice on route to go

Ok guys I am going to be adding more mods to my 06 RXP this winter. I currently have these mods: x-charger, riva intake, riva intake grate, 14/19 solas, 42's for injectors, riva through hull exhaust, OPAS removed. Now for the mods I want to add. I am going to add an external intercooler. Want to go with the fizzle. Should I go with the normal one or the High Effenicy one? That's my first question is which one. Second thing is for fueling. Should I go with the CMD unit or should I go with a RRFPR? I know I have to go to a taller prop as well. Should I have my current solas re bent to a 15/21 or sell it, only has one season on it, and buy a new one? Next is there anything else I should go with, such a the riva water box, new sponsoons, possibly an ET wheel if have enough cash left over. Also the valve in this engine have been replaced already so I know the valves will be fine. Let me know what you guys are thinking. Thanks a lot guys.

+1
    Is the riva intake 3 or 4 inch if 3 goto 4 also goto a 15/20 with a external intercooler and no other mods you will be ok. If you add a rrfpr you must add a afr and a o2 sensor to read afr's. Another great mod is send your ride plate to Jim's you can get about 1.8 to 2 mph alone

+1
    IMO 15/20 will be big enough with a wimpy X or a little bigger
    if your going to use a cmd (very good) get the best intercooler you can afford

+1
    The standard Fizzle external intercooler kit will be a big improvement over the stock 215 intercooler. If you plan on keeping boost around 12 psi or less it will do a good job of cooling. When running boost levels higher than that, or if you just want the best overall performance from your intercooler, then the Fizzle High Efficiency Intercooler will be the better choice.

I advise you to have your solas 15/21 bent to suit your new mods.

A different waterbox isn't necessary but if you want a loud and cool sound and can afford it then it might be a mod you'll want to do.

Instead of buying new sponsons I would adjust the stock sponsons to allow for more aggressive handling.

I hope this info helps. Feel free to send me a message if I can help clarify anything else regarding the intercooler choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    Ok guys I am going to be adding more mods to my 06 RXP this winter. I currently have these mods: x-charger, riva intake, riva intake grate, 14/19 solas, 42's for injectors, riva through hull exhaust, OPAS removed. Now for the mods I want to add. I am going to add an external intercooler. Want to go with the fizzle. Should I go with the normal one or the High Effenicy one? That's my first question is which one. Second thing is for fueling. Should I go with the CMD unit or should I go with a RRFPR? I know I have to go to a taller prop as well. Should I have my current solas re bent to a 15/21 or sell it, only has one season on it, and buy a new one? Next is there anything else I should go with, such a the riva water box, new sponsoons, possibly an ET wheel if have enough cash left over. Also the valve in this engine have been replaced already so I know the valves will be fine. Let me know what you guys are thinking. Thanks a lot guys.

So if I go with the fizzle high effenicy cooler and a CMD unit and then have my 14/19 bent to a 15/21 I should be good. So no need for a RRFPR at this point then right? What if I add an ET wheel to my x-charger will I need to use a RRFPR with the CMD or will the CMD and 42's be enough to handle it still?

+1
    So if I go with the fizzle high effenicy cooler and a CMD unit and then have my 14/19 bent to a 15/21 I should be good. So no need for a RRFPR at this point then right? What if I add an ET wheel to my x-charger will I need to use a RRFPR with the CMD or will the CMD and 42's be enough to handle it still?
    Ah, I misread your original post. I thought you were starting with a 15/21 prop. You will want a 15/22 as your base prop.

+1
    Sounds like you are right on target with the fizzle high efficiency cooler and CMD. Try it with the 42's since you already have them in place. Its possible (probable) that they will work fine. On my gprxp ( which admittedly has high compression pistons, flowed head , racing cam etc) I couldnt run WOT with the 42 injectors. I switched to 60lb injectors and it ran perfectly with the cmd removing fuel to have nice crisp idle and midrange. Had I stayed with 42 injectors, I wouldve had to go with rrfpr to enrich it at top end.

So fizzle I should go with a 15/22 solas to start then? Is there a reason I should not have my 14/19 bent to a 15/22? Sorry for all the questions guys just want to make sure my money is well spent and my ski runs good when I am done.

+1
    Nothing wrong with asking questions to better spend your $$

I don't have any experience with those props, but if it was mine, unless if already on the rev limiter, I'd do the mods and see how many rpms it was turning before switching out props or bending it further.

+1
    Correct
    the root angle (degree of pitch at the hub) of the 14/19 is different then the 15/20 or 15/22.
    You can not change root angle.
    The 14/19 with added pitch will not preform as well as a 15/20 or 15/22.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post

Ah, I misread your original post. I thought you were starting with a 15/21 prop. You will want a 15/22 as your base prop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information