2007 yamaha vx delux

Hi, this was my first seasson and i bought my waverunner used and it never came with a manual or anything so i was just wondering where could i buy a garden hose adaptor and where does it hook up to? and also if oil is good for around 3 months would you change it in the fall or wait till the spring

+1
    You can download the users manual from here....... http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...r_manuals.aspx

You will need the yamaha flush connector.......can be had from a yamaha dealer......or there will probably be some on ebay.......same for every recent Yamaha ski. The flushing connector will be somewhere under the seat in the engine compartment, towards the back, with a threaded cap on it. Have a look at the manual.......all should become clear.
    When is the oil due for a change? If you are not sure, then I would do it now.

thanks that helps alot, and what i meant about the oil was every one says change it when you winterize it but then if the oil starts breaking down after 3 months would you not have to change it again in the spring even tho you havent rode it all winter

Also just so you know, start the ski then turn on water, turn off water then ski, while not allowing engine to run for more than 15 seconds or so with out water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by loganb33 View Post
    thanks that helps alot, and what i meant about the oil was every one says change it when you winterize it but then if the oil starts breaking down after 3 months would you not have to change it again in the spring even tho you havent rode it all winter
    Don't worry about the oil breaking down in 3 months......if that were the case then yamaha would say change it every 3 months instead of yearly (or 100hrs).
    A few of us on here change the oil every 35 ish hours....this seems to help with oil consumption on these MR1 motors when they start getting into high hours ( if done from new). Don't forget you will only be changing a little more then half the oil at any one time......that is all you can get out of these dry sump engines.

Thread Information