Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AWA MEMBER
    +1

Riva gen II intercooler

I want to buy this intercooler and was wondering how hard it was to install due to the unit being bigger, I know the Gen I unit was little tricky to install.....any input, should I just do the fizzle? And how does that fit? And how are you running water to fizzle......thanks

+1
    I am installing the Fizzle right now, and I am going to do a write up on an easy and simple cooling install, with provision to flush. In looking the Fizzle over, I think it would be hard to beat, especially for the price. I don't think anything out there can better it by any large amount. However, it is a bit lacking in instructions and clarity but guys here have pretty much covered those issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    I want to buy this intercooler and was wondering how hard it was to install due to the unit being bigger, I know the Gen I unit was little tricky to install.....any input, should I just do the fizzle? And how does that fit? And how are you running water to fizzle......thanks
    I f I had to do it all over again I would look at the fizzle or have someone fabricate brackets on a type 14 from frozen boost.

+1
    I have the fizzle intercooler and for the price it's great and great performance.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1945

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Does anyone have any pics of there through the hull fittings and there location.......Thanks Ive seen some on the left side if your facing the rear of ski.....looks hard to get one in there.

+1
    I installed my thru-hull in the upper right corner just like the Riva instructions said, it looked like more flat area than the left side. But with that said if I had to do it over I would make it work on the upper left corner, having the hose squeeze in and around the trim controls to get to the upper right is stupid.
    You could always use the factory fitting that is used for the bilge system if you dont want to drill for the thru-hull.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    I installed my thru-hull in the upper right corner just like the Riva instructions said, it looked like more flat area than the left side. But with that said if I had to do it over I would make it work on the upper left corner, having the hose squeeze in and around the trim controls to get to the upper right is stupid.
    You could always use the factory fitting that is used for the bilge system if you dont want to drill for the thru-hull.

That sounds like a good Idea......how do you delete the syphon and still use the bilge pump? I saw them tied into each other with this (F) looking fitting

+1
    The ski actually has 2 bilge systems. One is the actual electric bilge and the second is the siphon system which can be removed easily. They are totally seperate from one another. Just use the thru-hull for the siphon system and you dont have to drill anyhting, plus you save $25 for the thru-hull.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    The ski actually has 2 bilge systems. One is the actual electric bilge and the second is the siphon system which can be removed easily. They are totally seperate from one another. Just use the thru-hull for the siphon system and you dont have to drill anyhting, plus you save $25 for the thru-hull.

I just grind off and plug tube out exit nozzle?

+1
    Yep. I pushed mine out on the press at work and then JB welded the hole shut. Make sure you use new tube to the Intercooler because the factory hose couldnt hole back a fart!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post

I just grind off and plug tube out exit nozzle?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information