Chinderah, New South Wales, Australia, Australia

Cleaning inside the engine when riding on salt water?

Hey guys just as the title says...
    I have an ultra 150 05 and its in amazing condition inside and i want to keep it that way. The previous owner never had it in saltwater, i only have salt water.
    I have read all through the forums and found many conflicting opinions. So perhaps someone will know whats best for my ski? I sprayed it today with anti corrosive water detterrent stuff and it didnt look like it got rid of the salt deposits too well?

Thanks in advance
    Jess

+1
    wash it out with a hose, then let it dry and spray with lanox/lanolin. WD40 and INOX with eventually eat away at all the rubber parts.

Chad

your a legend, ill give it a quick squirt with fresh water now and ill buy the lanox tommorow? Do you buy it in bulk? Wheres the best spot?

i wish there was some sort of bomb that you could put in there and put the seat on and it gets to all those places you cant get to, like a bug bomb

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by justjmfh View Post
    your a legend, ill give it a quick squirt with fresh water now and ill buy the lanox tommorow? Do you buy it in bulk? Wheres the best spot?

i wish there was some sort of bomb that you could put in there and put the seat on and it gets to all those places you cant get to, like a bug bomb
    No worries mate. Yep give it a good wash getting to everywhere possible and tommorow when its dry lanox it all, I just buy the single can but have gone through 2 already so probably get a few if you take the ski out regularly. Not sure where the best place is to get it but a local supercheap or marine store should have it i would have a look online for the best place near you. seeing your new to jetskis another tip for when flushing the ski, once you've finished flushing it and washed it tilt the trailer up at the front and start it up again without the hose connected and give it a few good revs but dont keep the ski on for more than 15 seconds, this will blow out the excess water in the water box and will minimise greatly any water in the waterbox which could cause water condensation making its way to the engine causeing all sorts of rust and things. One more thing when you store it away keep the seat off and the front hood and bucket out to air out the ski. Well have fun with the ski looks like a great buy and any more questions you can pm me or just post up here.

Thanks
    Chad

[QUOTE=ULTRA3N;2072094]
    Quote Originally Posted by justjmfh View Post
    another tip for when flushing the ski, once you've finished flushing it and washed it tilt the trailer up at the front and start it up again without the hose connected and give it a few good revs but dont keep the ski on for more than 15 seconds, this will blow out the excess water in the water box and will minimise greatly any water in the waterbox which could cause water condensation making its way to the engine causeing all sorts of rust and things. One more thing when you store it away keep the seat off and the front hood and bucket out to air out the ski. Well have fun with the ski looks like a great buy and any more questions you can pm me or just post up here.

Thanks
    Chad
    i like those ideas. ill take the seat off and store it inside. the cover will have to stay on but at least it can air a bit

Thread Information