Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

COmpare NEW T-X and P-X 260's to FZR/FZS

Yes, I am opening up a can of worms. But as most of you know I have been a Seadoo guy forever (Except my conversion LOVE/Hate) and now with the price of new ski's getting so exspensive I want to take into consideration the FZS/FZR's to the NEWER T-X and P-X.

Im looking for honest people and not shit starters. I want to know if anyone has a Seadoo and Yamaha to tell me likes and dislikes of them.

Is the FZR/S that nuch better of a plateform to mod? It seams they are simple to get 83mph out of and with a Newer Seadoo Thats a lot of loot.

Im just considering something different and about to purchase a FZR and want to make sure its not a mistake. SO hense why Im asking the seadoo guys and in hopes to someone has them both.

Please lets keep this informative as I love seadoo and have owned everyone until 2012 and 3 shoulder surgery's put me out. SO take it as Im Seadoo thru and thru, but have wanted to try a different thing.
    Yes, seadoo lovers are seadoo lovers and yamamha are yamaha lovers, but let get along for this thread.....

+1
    You are right about it taking more $$ to get a PX to 80+, but that motor is pretty tried and true now. I love the Yama 1.8 motor, so much potential, but they have there problem to (clutch).
    I think you will like the FZR if you get one. It seems like there are alot of people running mid 80's and having good luck with them.

I love seadoos and the way they ride but I have had the worst luck with 7 4tec motors all letting me down after a certain period, I think they are the best riding skis. But you can't beat a 4cylinder vs 3 cylinder for power + reliability

Seadoo need to bring out a 4cyl for reliability not just for power I'm sick of these soft 3cyl motors, and I'm not a noob rider.

+1
    Troy I have a line on a NEW 8 hour old RXP-X 2012 and believe me I am tempted, but when I rode it at mini bug it just seamed like it would eat my soulders up and was aggressive as hell. I also didnt like the slow speed turning. Id have $14k to get it to 80. But I know them very well. Crap thanks for the input. Oh the clutch in the FZR is the 3rd gen and yes they were the first 2 were junk like the seadoo at first, but are getting better. As gen III clutch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    I love seadoos and the way they ride but I have had the worst luck with 7 4tec motors all letting me down after a certain period, I think they are the best riding skis. But you can't beat a 4cylinder vs 3 cylinder for power + reliability

Seadoo need to bring out a 4cyl for reliability not just for power I'm sick of these soft 3cyl motors, and I'm not a noob rider.
    Yea, when you turn up the boost they are more sensitive, but Ive had good luck with the doo motor, but can not disagree with the 3 vs.4 cylinder

Not just the boost issue, carbon seals, if they fail u sink.. There's heaps more just can't think of it lol

2012 rxpx by far the best riding ski I ever felt, but I won't buy another seadoo there's only a million reasons it can go wrong I've never ever seen a broken down fzr on my river its a shame because the fzr feels so boring next to a px

+1
    I have a 2011 FZS with a Riva stage 1 kit for sale.....It has 34 or 39 hours on it....With me riding it and hanging off the back end I got 73 on GPS, pretty much a full tank of fuel...

Personally, I dont think the FZ's handle the rough water very well...I have and love my new PX....

+1

I really think it comes down to brand preference and what type of water you ride. Being an x gpr rider the fzs is awesome in the rough but I ride mainly small lakes / rivers. I looked at the seadoo line up but for me they where just to much more money.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I looked at the seadoo line up but for me they where just to much more money.
    This is my problem now. I have owned every seadoo made except the newer 260's and I am looking at Yamaha for price point. I mean very few mods seam to make them fun as heck.

+1

The dealer by me wanted 18 grand for the rxpx 260 so to me that answered my question real fast.... I remember buying my 1300 for exactly 1/2 that not that long ago.

I have been a yamaha guy for awhile but I really think they are both great machines I could just not justify the 4k price difference.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information