+1

COmpare NEW FZR/FZS to T-X and P-X 260's

Guys yalls input would be awesome. I posted on seadoo side first so please go there and see if you would like to leave some input.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...83#post2072483

best person to ask is Gus. He has owned both and will give you an honest opinion!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    best person to ask is Gus. He has owned both and will give you an honest opinion!
    Thanks Ill shoot him a PM, but hope more peeps post.

+1
    Both good products; depends what your priorities are.
    Basically, the Sea-Doo is going to have more bells and whistles (like brakes),
    but the Yamaha will always be more durable in stock or near stock form.
    As I understand it, Doos will soon be made in Mexico, not sure what that will do to quality.

I did a side by side test ride of the TX and the FZR back in 2010; my review is over on the Sea-Doo board somewhere. I didn't care for the new TX steering/handling at all; way too aggressive, I prefer a little more play in the handling. But the Sea-Doo is very polished and well appointed; they do a good job ergonomically. If I was riding in choppy ocean all the time I might have considered the Doo more, because of the closed loop cooling and the smoother riding hulls. But most of our rides are in FW lakes and rivers; so that wasn't an issue.

I also liked the idea that I could easily get the ski up past 70 mph on the Yamaha without unlocking the ECU and jeopardizing the warranty. Some of these new skis are coming with electronic limiters and such that need to be bypassed but Yamahas didn't have that.

At the time of my last purchase, by buying 2009 leftover units we were able to get the new Yamahas for about $10K each; you do have to factor in the R&D intake grate for safety with the FZ's, but even still, Sea-Doo couldn't come close to that overall value. This was in 2010.

If you plan to keep your ski stock, check the warranty offered by both in your state.
    Here in Florida, Sea-Doo will only stand behind their products for 3 or 4 years (it changes from time time) but Yamaha always offers a full 5 year extended warranty. At the end of the day, I couldn't see paying thousands more for a Sea-Doo and getting a year's less warranty protection. We had over $15K in warranty repairs on our 2006 Sea-Doos. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.
    Last edited by YoYamma; 12-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Ride them both (ideally in a similar location to where the majority of your riding will be). Each has their own plusses and minuses and will be largely reliable with supercharger clutches on both skis being points of interest.

Unless you spend some seat time on both and take the time to stare at them (storage, etc) you'll be unhappy going by someone else's recommendation.

And for the love of god, don't base problems with new skis based on those that were fixed 5 years ago for either brand. Or, comparing completely different hulls (09 RXTX vs. 12-13 RXTX). You are comparing NEW skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    you do have to factor in the R&D rideplate for safety with the FZ's, but even still, Sea-Doo couldn't come close to that overall value. This was in 2010.
    interesting I have never heard this before...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    you do have to factor in the R&D rideplate for safety with the FZ's, but even still, Sea-Doo couldn't come close to that overall value. This was in 2010.
    interesting I have never heard this before...
    I'm sure he meant R&D intake grate.
    Last edited by KamikazeGPR; 12-01-2012 at 09:12 AM.

+1
    Yes meant intake grate. Edited for correction, thank you.

Thread Information