Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DJSA Endurance Race - Brown's Island - Pittsburg Marina

From Jim:

If you guys still have the itch to race - I will put together a 100 mile race (in two 50 mile races) out of Pittsburg around Brown's Island. About the only date I can see that stays clear of Thanksgiving and Christmas, is saturday December 15th. I am pretty sure I can get a race team together and get the permits approved on short notice, but much of what depends if this is a go or not - is on you guys...

So...interested in racing...send Lambert an email...[email protected]

+1
    Ready to go.
    Email sent.

Banned User
    +1
    if i feel like participating in this one will i need a full set of gear IE: vhf radio, flairs, and whatever else they require for the offshore races?

+1
    Mike,

Being this one will be on a 8 mile loop that will be easier to manage as compared to sending you guys into the wild blue yonder on a single 50 mile route - I'm going to waive the GPS requirement and a few of the safety equipment rules we normally have in place for enduros, and only the basics will be needed...

Full wetsuit - eye, foot, hand protection, high quality PFD, and fire extinguisher etc... waterproofed cellphones and vhf radios WILL BE MANDATORY for emergency comminications but if you need a handheld VHF radio I have a few extras people can borrow. I don't think you've run one of the enduros before, but basically you guys will run 6 eight mile laps down New York Slough, to Broad Slough, to the Sac River, and back up to Pittsburg and New York Slough for 48 miles... after a 30 minute fuel and musclemilk break, you'll do it all over again. Moto style scoring will determine your score for the day. 2nd race scores break any ties.

Being a delta boy, I'm sure I don't have to tell you what that 3rd Pittsburg leg will be like if the wind is blowing against an outgoing tide!!! This is the video of Lee Phan getting ready to pass Jimmy Walker in 4 ft swells, and getting thrown off his ski like a rag doll on the last lap... If its windy that day - things are going to be downright sporty!!!

Glad to see you might have some interest in this. The enduros are a whole different kind of pwc racing from course racing, but theres a reason why it's still on the menu even with some dwindleing interest... It's an amazing sport and so are the guys who run it!

jim

+1
    just posted on the socal site...

Steve - the "Browns Island Fireball 100" is almost a go...
    Our insurance company approved it yesterday, and now I'm just waiting for an email from the Coast Guard for final approval. Soon as I get it I'll post all the race info. Don't know what the weather is going to be like but the wind this past week has been BRUTAL!!! When the checker flag flies, you'll definitely know you just finished running one hell of an "endurance" race...

Very special thanks to some unsuspecting staff people who thought they were going to be able to coast the rest of the year... Stan, Robbie, Raul, Chat, Yee, Karty, Maria, Hope, Jill, Vessel Assist, and the Old Man of the sea himself - Chris Lauritzen.

If all you guys show up who said you will, this could just possibly be quite a christmas party" to remember!! Throw in Lee Phan, Tony Le, and Gerner for some extra excitement and I might have to keep a defibrillator on the flagdock next to my coffee cooler!!! Stand by for the final word, its almost here...

1) Philip Monday
    2) Jeff Kataoka
    3) Paul Pham
    4) Cheng Leu
    5) Tommy Kolleck
    6) Nick Vanis
    7) Johnny Anick
    Derek Newton
    9) Sean Conner
    10) Lois Ngyen
    11) Santiago Kuan
    12) Tony Hoa
    13) Angelo Heropolos
    14) Dean Downtown Brown

One question - WHERE ARE ALL THE NORCAL GUYS??
    Would be cool to see you guys defending "your water" with Downtown Brown...
    Gordon?
    Carlos?
    Saale?
    Cottle?
    Habel?
    Booker?
    Bob Wilson?
    Mav?
    This is one of those times I wish I had a big Yami of my own!!

I appreciate your interest in this guys. I'll ALWAYS be a fan of your sport and as long as the interest is there, we'll always make sure you have a place to race. Check the site monday - I should have the greenlight and the race info for you then...

jim

Bringin' back the ol' X2 to the race scene! karty's Avatar
    I'll be there with my boat!

Quote Originally Posted by karty View Post
    I'll be there with my boat!
    Need a co-pilot?

Bringin' back the ol' X2 to the race scene! karty's Avatar
    Bring cold beverages and Guns and we can be Crockett and Tubbs! Hey its not exactly like Miami Vice, but Neither are we! HAHA!

+1
    Hey Crockett and Tubbs -

Just got the word - IT'S ON!!!
    Race info to follow shortly.
    Please leave the alligator at home that day... jimmy doesn't do snakes, spiders, or alligators.
    jes sayin ~

jim

I must be Tubbs, lol. Sonny, you wearing your infamous white outfit?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information