Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Vtech tune for Speedster S200

I've been thinking of doing my ECU's on my Speedster and have one question still not resolved from Vtech, so I though I would ask here.

So here's the thing, I know that the tune is locked to your VIN, so I would assume the ECU'(S) share the same VIN right?
    In that case, I would only need to purchase ONE credit, correct?
    I asked this to Jonatan at Vtech and he replied
    The problem can be that one of your ecus/ engines might not respond with proper ID
    And asked if he could call me and explain this which I said yes and gave him my phone number.Never heard back from him.
    He did say though that it would be better if I would send my ECU's to Jerry, but then, that's a 1500$(749$X2) I'm not whiling to go for.

So has anyone done this before and had an issue with one of the motors not responding to the tune?

+1
    When I spoke with him regarding a 2x215hp C210 he said they have never tested programming a twin engine boat with the handheld tuner.

If you send both ECU's into Jerry and have him tune them it would only cost you 1 credit of $749 total for both ECU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedjunky64 View Post
    I've been thinking of doing my ECU's on my Speedster and have one question still not resolved from Vtech, so I though I would ask here.

So here's the thing, I know that the tune is locked to your VIN, so I would assume the ECU'(S) share the same VIN right?
    In that case, I would only need to purchase ONE credit, correct?
    I asked this to Jonatan at Vtech and he replied
    The problem can be that one of your ecus/ engines might not respond with proper ID
    And asked if he could call me and explain this which I said yes and gave him my phone number.Never heard back from him.
    He did say though that it would be better if I would send my ECU's to Jerry, but then, that's a 1500$(749$X2) I'm not whiling to go for.

So has anyone done this before and had an issue with one of the motors not responding to the tune?

+1
    Each ECU has a unique SN that gets recorded with the VIN so I believe you need two tuning credits.

+1
    After talking with Jerry, I would need 2 credits but still had to send the ECU's in as the handheld would not work.
    He did say, and so did Jonathan that they where working on a solution for the handheld to be able to program 2 engines.
    For one credit I would have gone for it, but can't justify 1500$ + for 2-3 mph more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedjunky64 View Post
    After talking with Jerry, I would need 2 credits but still had to send the ECU's in as the handheld would not work.
    He did say, and so did Jonathan that they where working on a solution for the handheld to be able to program 2 engines.
    For one credit I would have gone for it, but can't justify 1500$ + for 2-3 mph more.
    I've got a speedster 200 wake and both my ECUs have the same HIN ID number. Just throwing this out there, as I thought I would have to burn two licenses for my candoo scanner to read each engine in the boat. But I only needed one as they were both the same, I know its not the same hardware were talking about but the vtech probably reads the same no. as the candoo.

+1

Vtech tune for Speedster S200

Really? The ecus are the same? That's weird, i also thought they were different.

+1
    Each ECU has a unique serial number the VIN is editable.

+1
    What year model Speedster do you have?? What kind of RPM do you want to turn?? What kind of fuel do you want to run??? Do you plan on any future mods??

+1
    My customer who I built the Speedster for has his for sale....He is asking 17,000..Has a massive stereo in it as well.....Good price for a fast boat if your looking or one...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    My customer who I built the Speedster for has his for sale....He is asking 17,000..Has a massive stereo in it as well.....Good price for a fast boat if your looking or one...
    What are the Specs on the boat? Model year, hours etc...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information