Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question Vx110 upgrades?!

I have a 2012 vx110, i put about 42 hours on it last season.. Looking to do some upgrades on the off season. What's a good impeller, intake grate, or anything that will make it faster? Thanks guys!

+1
    Honestly if you are REALLY feeling the bug for more speed look into trading up to a VXR. Get a 2012 left over there should be some floating around still. This ski packs a punch with a 1800cc engine.

Just my .02 cents.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I don't think there have bee a lot of people that have modified a VX but Riva does sell an RMP kit... I would search here to see if anyone has done it.

I'm with the cool kids Mowerpan's Avatar
    +1
    I have a fx140 which is now my backup ski. Added intake,grate,impeller,exhaust and might have made 2 mph if that. Don't waste your money.

+1
    Thanks guys, yea for that little more speed its not worth the grand to buy it all... My buddy has the same ski 2012 vx110 and we both put 93 gas and he'll pull on me on a straight away on top end and by a good amount to.. I don't understand we weigh around the same.. Any ideas?!

+1
    Well since I'm one of the few who bought a vx and wanted a little more power W/O trading up, I'm running a Solas 18/22 concord impeller which bumped my speed up to a solid 55-57 on flat water (although I would love to find an 18/24 but they discontinued them), and I made a "cold" air intake so to speak out of a 2 1/2', 3" aluminum tube that i drilled a hole In for the pcv tube and an air filter off of ebay for 15 bucks. REALLY bumped up the acceleration compared to stock. Also, I took off my intake manifold and hammered out the Incredibly restrictive ribbon which is there as a spark arrestor, which isnt needed unless youre running an open throttle body (don't). All this made an incredible increase of acceleration and a MPH or two on the top end (pretty limited by the impeller, if you could find an 18/24, GET IT, higher top end). Then getting into the exhaust, I just removed the black resonator in the back off the ski and replaced it with a 2 1/2" 90° ss pipe (didnt notice any performance increase but a hell of a good sound without being too loud). Then onto the underside, I had a broken bar on my intake grate so I pulled the grate and cut off the two OUTER bars and ground smooth the nubs from the bars, this let more water into the grate for no extra money. Then I made my own pump stuffer by filling the holes in between the grate and ride plate with epoxy and sealing it with silicone when putting it back on to reduce cavitation. You can always buy the riva rpm kind for nearly a grand, but all together this cost me around $300, (250 on the impeller) the other 50 on the intake, exhaust, and a case of epoxy The vx's aren't meant to be speed demons, but for the price AND amazing fuel economy, might as well make the most out of them, they really can be made into an extremely fun machine. I'll post pics if you'd like.

This made my ski into a steady 56-58 MPH runner on GPS, 60 on the dreamometer.
    Last edited by Radcon15; 11-29-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Does that engine call for 93 octane?, if not you are wasting money and losing power.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012vx110 View Post
    Thanks guys, yea for that little more speed its not worth the grand to buy it all... My buddy has the same ski 2012 vx110 and we both put 93 gas and he'll pull on me on a straight away on top end and by a good amount to.. I don't understand we weigh around the same.. Any ideas?!
    Btw, don't put 93 octane. VXs only run well on 87. I experimented with different fuel types up to 98 and it seemed the higher the octane, the harder it started and it would have a rougher idle and lose a Little top end, owners manual says only use unleaded 87 -89 anyway. Don't burn your money.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcon15 View Post
    Well since I'm one of the few who bought a vx and wanted a little more power W/O trading up, I'm running a Solas 18/22 concord impeller which bumped my speed up to a solid 55-57 on flat water (although I would love to find an 18/24 but they discontinued them), and I made a "cold" air intake so to speak out of a 2 1/2', 3" aluminum tube that i drilled a hole In for the pcv tube and an air filter off of ebay for 15 bucks. REALLY bumped up the acceleration compared to stock. Also, I took off my intake manifold and hammered out the Incredibly restrictive ribbon which is there as a spark arrestor, which isnt needed unless youre running an open throttle body (don't). All this made an incredible increase of acceleration and a MPH or two on the top end (pretty limited by the impeller, if you could find an 18/24, GET IT, higher top end). Then getting into the exhaust, I just removed the black resonator in the back off the ski and replaced it with a 2 1/2" 90° ss pipe (didnt notice any performance increase but a hell of a good sound without being too loud). Then onto the underside, I had a broken bar on my intake grate so I pulled the grate and cut off the two OUTER bars and ground smooth the nubs from the bars, this let more water into the grate for no extra money. Then I made my own pump stuffer by filling the holes in between the grate and ride plate with epoxy and sealing it with silicone when putting it back on to reduce cavitation. You can always buy the riva rpm kind for nearly a grand, but all together this cost me around $300, (250 on the impeller) the other 50 on the intake, exhaust, and a case of epoxy The vx's aren't meant to be speed demons, but for the price AND amazing fuel economy, might as well make the most out of them, they really can be made into an extremely fun machine. I'll post pics if you'd like.

I've been wanting to the intake and "free flow" exhaust like you did by removing the black resonator. And was the intake hard ? I've done my own custom "cold air" intakes on my trucks just getting rid of everything stuck and put a pipe with a cone filter on the end.. Pic of what you did would be a extreme plus.

And for the 93 I always herd the higher the octane the faster you go... I know that the higher the octane the harder it is for the fuel to ignite, hinse the hard starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Radcon15 View Post

If your looking for Solas 18/24, I have one. I bought it for my VX when they first came out. I was thinking of pulling it this winter and putting back the factory prop in. Pm me if your interested.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information