Removing oil injection / Fuel plumming sl 780 1997

To remove oil injection do i only need to remove the oil pump what do else do i need to do exept for that and blocking the point where the oil pump was in and whats the ratio i need to mix when i pre mix the fuel thank you. i also need to know how to rig the fuel system (blue fuji motor)

+1
    When you remove the oil pump, you will also want to remove the drive gear that is in the engine block. You will need to reach in with a pair of needlenose pliers to pull it out. Run 40:1 after that. Of course many Polaris owners will verify that the oil pumps on these machines are very reliable as long as all of the lines fittings and clamps are properly maintained.

Define "rig the fuel system"....

Banned User
    +1
    Why do you want to remove the oil injection? You will go through roughly twice the oil going pre mix.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Why do you want to remove the oil injection? You will go through roughly twice the oil going pre mix.
    You think its better to keep the oil injection? i tought its better to go premix since the oil injection isnt 100% accurate ? well if the oil injection works better then premix i shall the the oil injection thank you.
    Rig the fuel system as in the pipe layout ( return ) ( pulse ) Where does it all hook up to ? maybe a diagram Thank you Very much.

Banned User
    +1
    Generally oil injection or premix is a personal preference. Oil inkection is fime on the Polaris models as long as the system is properly maintained. Make sure all lines are good and securely attached. Check them often to be sure they are secure. The oil pumps are variable rate, allowing you to use much less oil than if you were premixing. The ability to just gas and go is always nice too.

+1
    See post 2 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15433

The pump should be labelled with arrows for in and out. The pulse line goes on the center nipple. You will need to check the orientation on the Fuel select as I don't believe it is labelled. The center fitting is the in. Blow through it to figure out which is main and reserve.

The sender cap on the fuel tank should be labelled for connection as well.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris sl 780 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You think its better to keep the oil injection?
    I thought its better to go premix since the oil injection isnt 100% accurate ?

well if the oil injection works better then premix i shall the the oil injection thank you...
    Accurate? Not sure if accurate is what you meant, but for clarity; pre-mixing the oil into the gasoline is rather INaccurate.

Pre-mixed fuel has the (approximately) correct oil delivery only when operating the engine in the upper portions of the powerband. At all other times there is more oil than necessary, sometimes way too much. At lower RPM levels the engine may need a fraction of the oil that pre-mix is providing.

While many pre-mix riders are running at 40:1 ratio, that ratio is itself an approximate number since these engines all came from Polaris with oil injection stock. I am not sure whether Polaris ever provided an official oil ratio for pre-mixed (therefore modified from factory) Fuji engines.

Some oils may be fully effective at leaner pre-mix oil ratios than 40:1 while other oils may need more than 40:1 to fully lubricate a modified pre-mix engine.

The Octane was I think the only model that came from the Polaris factory with pre-mix, with the red two cylinder engine.

Thread Information