Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTR 215 - Cruise Control / Ski Mode

Anyone happen to know if the Sea-Doo Parts Accessory Catalog "Cruise Control and Ski Mode" part number "295100455 - 2010 and up models with iBR" will work on a GTR 215? It has a questionable description because it specifically mentions the RXT-X model, so that makes me think the answer is NO, however other descriptions I have seen simply say models 2010 (some say 2011) and up with iBR?
    It adds Cruise, Slow, and Ski modes... I would assume that if it is compatible, it would have to include some kind of snap-over cover/case and button for the right grip to add cruise?

+1
    it comes with a complete new cover for the right side handle bar that has the cruise button in it.
    you should check with a dealer or email the sites store and they can get you the correct ordering info.

Based on your ski description, I'd say you know your stuff and I greatly appreciate the info. You confirmed my assumption that it probably came with cover/button/wiring, however, before I spend $200... I'd really love to know that this part works on a GTR 215 (million dollar question: why does sea doo mention the RXT-X specifically in the subnote descriptions if it works with all new iBR models???).

+1
    well i will tell you this, the kit that is in my ski is actually for a 2011 rxtx. if i was guessing i would say that kit would work for you, also the depth finder kit that i am running is off of a 2011 rxtx as well, you will love cruise, one of my favorite features is the slow speed function, it will allow you to cheat a little in no wake areas and just barely kick up the idle, also its nice on the slowest setting it will feather the reverse bucket to really slow the ski down which is nice around tight docks. very worth it if you ask me.

oh and there are a lot of people on this forum that know a ton more than me. im a car guy actually, i just do what others tell me to haha

Appreciate it. I REALLY want to believe that it'll work, just don't know if anyone has actually tried it yet and would love to know if anyone has.
    In Ohio... I have to rely on the expertise of this great forum. I ask questions to a dealer about adding parts to a 2012 model and it's like Hawking talking to Eric Cartman I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'd rather spend $205 and get cruise/ski/slow than $130 and just get the ski mode module (which BTW has the same 2010 up iBR description, just doesn't mention any specific models).

+1
    pm board member Tiny, he's a dealer I believe.

+1
    295100455 is the correct kit for your gtr215 that is for the 2011+ skis it comes with two new cruise faceplates one metal one for x models and a black plastic one for the standard steering system including the 2012 gtr215

Thank you. Now I have a new Christmas present and Winter Project (can't imagine that this would void my warranty being a legit Sea-Doo part and all)

Do you happen to know if the computer would need a reflash for the new modules? Or is that intelligence built into the module itself?

+1
    It is a plug and play module....It takes about an hour to install, maybe 1.5 because you have to remove both handle bar covers to run the wires to the right side of the handle bars....

No it wont void your warranty, unless you hack up the install or factory harness......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information