Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

TDR Waterbox on 215 RXP question

Hey GH,

So I purchased a used TDR Hulk waterbox and Riva thru hull outlet with Riva OPAS blocks and I am in the process of installing everything.

I believe this applies to all pre '07 RXP's, but the water exit found in the stock 90deg outlet pipe (the one just before exiting into the pump area), where should I route that line back into the TDR box?

The TDR box does not have a fitting for it... All it has is the 02 sensor bung and thats it. Should I try and find a way to cut the factory pipe and splice it into the flow of the new exhaust setup? Where does the water that enters the factory exhaust at the 90deg pipe come from? What is it for?

*Shit, I just realized that this box must be for 08+ ski's...*

Thanks for any help!

+1
    You can cap it @ the tee or run it to a pisser.

+1
    Hey Beerdart,

Thanks for the reply.

So just capping it at the T below the J pipe would be OK? Why do they even run this line? Obviously they stopped doing it in 08 so im sure this would be ok.

Here is a pic just in case I described it poorly:

+1
    Yes you can cap it @ the j-pipe tee or remove the tee. It is there for sound suppression and it also helps to self drain the exhaust manifold.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
    Hey GH,

So I purchased a used TDR Hulk waterbox and Riva thru hull outlet with Riva OPAS blocks and I am in the process of installing everything.

I believe this applies to all pre '07 RXP's, but the water exit found in the stock 90deg outlet pipe (the one just before exiting into the pump area), where should I route that line back into the TDR box?

The TDR box does not have a fitting for it... All it has is the 02 sensor bung and thats it. Should I try and find a way to cut the factory pipe and splice it into the flow of the new exhaust setup? Where does the water that enters the factory exhaust at the 90deg pipe come from? What is it for?

*Shit, I just realized that this box must be for 08+ ski's...*
    Thanks for any help!
    Welcome to the forum!
    Do you have the 08 mid pipe?
    You will need the mid pipe, the 4 inch coupler, and different Clamp for conection to the exhaust manifold.

+1
    Hey Skoepp,

Actually I need to correct myself. The TDI box I have has the pre 08 midpipe but just does not have a fitting for the second water entrance shown in the picture I posted. So I assume when the box was designed, they expected the user to just block off that water exit as Beerdart suggested.

I just did a brief mock up of the setup (as I have not drilled the outlet yet) and the J pipe and everything will fit together perfectly.

I will hopefully get to test out everything tomorrow (Air temps in the 40F's assuming the ice clears off the lake...). I will also post video so others can here what the setup will sound like.

Thanks again for all of the help!

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    You can cap it @ the tee or run it to a pisser.
    +100 Thats what I did on a customers ski!!!

+1
    So it looks like I am going to be able to go test this out this afternoon or tomorrow at the very latest.

Few last questions:

1. I am going to try and take some of the plastic heat shield from the stock waterbox and put it below the TDR box just to keep it from rubbing on the hull. But how about the rubber strap that secures the box? Will that melt on the bare aluminum on the TDR box?

2. Also, it looks like the rear of the box will be a few inches short of the hull exit. I did not get any high temp silicone pluming to attach the two ends, could I just cut some of the tubing from the factory box and place it here? Will that material hold up to the heat well enough? Or do I need to go out and get some specific high heat resistant stuff?

Thank you for all of the help!

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    1.You are good to go with the OEM strap.It will not melt!

2.OEM tubing is good but a heat resistant hose is better anyway!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Well I finished everything today except for 1 piece to the puzzle. And of course, a few more questions...

The only piece I have yet to finish is the coupler between the waterbox and thru hull exit. I could not fit any old piping from the stock setup over either the box or exit as the diameter was the exact same. I tried all kinds of lube, heating it, no luck. Im gonna try a few stores tomorrow and hopefully find a high temp silicone coupler...

Question: In regards to the Riva pro opas block off. The instructions state that no gasket maker is needed for the pump area block offs or around the O rings. Is this the general rule on here as well? Or do you throw some sealant on there for good measure as well?

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information