Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

where to buy aftermarket??

Again sorry for the noob question. But where could I find some aftermarket stuff for my polaris? It's a 96 sl780,anybody make graphics? Seat covers, bars? Also what have people done in the past to get rid of the purple? ie> the bumpers,and seat mostly...any other bumpers from other machines fit? Again any info appreciated!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by massSL780 View Post
    Again sorry for the noob question. But where could I find some aftermarket stuff for my polaris? It's a 96 sl780,anybody make graphics? Seat covers, bars? Also what have people done in the past to get rid of the purple? ie> the bumpers,and seat mostly...any other bumpers from other machines fit? Again any info appreciated!
    You can get aftermarket parts at alot of places like Dennis kirk.com, Atlanticjetsports.com, Parkeryamaha.com etc.... I'm not sure on graphics. There are a few seat covers out there, usually hydro turf (check ebay). Bars are stock only unless you get a different steering system. You can always get the seat cover or buy a new/used seat in a different color (Ebay) The bumpers are getting a little harder to find a whole set. Maybe consider doing a paint job on it and do an EXCELLENT prep job prior to painting. Yes other bumpers will fit as well. I'm sure any Polaris 2 seater will work.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Look for "contacts" on this site. It will list vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by massSL780 View Post
    The 750 red trim will fit the 780 and no more purple. Also, either the sl900 or slx780, or sl750 red seat will fit the 780 with no modifcations and, again, no more purple! Mind you the trim is held on by rivets. You will need to drill out the pop rivets and then "I" would recommend using stainless steel screws and nylock nuts to re-attach the new trim system... much easier. The sl780 looks much better with either the 900 "hump" style seat or the slx780 hump style seat (see picture). Again these are direct swap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picpolaris96sl900aa.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	16614  

+1
    Yeah, riveting those pieces on can be a real challenge! On my SLX the rivet is way down in a recessed hole in the trim piece, and none of the rivet guns I could buy locally would fit. I just used a cheapo rivet gun, and stacked 2 stainless nuts on the rivet stem to transfer the force. When the stem popped, the nuts came out. Bolting would probably be easier....

+1
    if you're looking for graphics...go to partsland.com...they might have em there!

+1
    Good luck with that! I tried to get the two "POLARIS" hood decals like on my SLX, discontinued! Wound up contacting one of those guys on eBay who makes stickers, gave him the dimensions, he made them and then sent me a link to the auction.

Trying to do the same thing with the 31" long ones on the port and stbd quarter.

+1
    well it depends kinda lol..the sticker on the back of mine had all the safety precautions and what not...they didn't have a price listed so i called and said that all i have to pay is for shipping...They're great to work with

thanks guys all the info is great! i just got a lead on a 96-97? sl750 with 2 place trailer for 500 dollars i guess all it needs is a carb? hull looks to be good....what do you think? good deal or no? also how hard would it be to find a carb in good shape for this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information