Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea Doo Warranty

Hello, Iím looking to buy two 2013 GTR 215...The extended warranty is running like $1,100.00 for each unit, is this a good price or a bit high. The Yamaha warranty is like $800.00 for 4 yr's. Just asking what are you guys paying out there. Thanks Rick

+1

Sea Doo Warranty

As far as I know, he prices are regulated by state law. The prices, for each brand, are always the same.

+1
    The warranty is worth it if your going to ride alot.
    I've seen a lot of very low hour skis for sale with the extended warranty and it makes it easier for resale if it has a warranty.
    The gtr skis are really nice!!

+1

Re: Sea Doo Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Doo Florida View Post
    Hello, Iím looking to buy two 2013 GTR 215...The extended warranty is running like $1,100.00 for each unit, is this a good price or a bit high. The Yamaha warranty is like $800.00 for 4 yr's. Just asking what are you guys paying out there. Thanks Rick
    I paid around $650 for the 4 year (5 total) extended warranty on my '12 FZS, wouldn't buy one without it that's for sure. No idea what Seadoo charges though.

+1
    Alot of people seemed to say that seadoo was hard core in getting out of paying for warranty work but I found them fine when my 2012 ibr unit failed after only 20h.
    Wow what an expensive unit, like $1100 for ibr + few hours labour all under warranty.
    Get extended and sleep at night....

If you can wait until the Spring, Sea-Doo will offer a free 2, 3, or 4 year warranty in their promotions.

Thanks To all for the info...Rick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenit View Post
    Alot of people seemed to say that seadoo was hard core in getting out of paying for warranty work but I found them fine when my 2012 ibr unit failed after only 20h.
    Wow what an expensive unit, like $1100 for ibr + few hours labour all under warranty.
    Get extended and sleep at night....
    Why was your 2012 IBR unit not covered by the factory warranty??? BEST doesnt even come into play until the 2 year......

Florida due to weird laws has different warranties than anywhere else...

For example:

We just received the new promo info from BRP

It states that Fl residents will get 2 years of BEST while eveyone else will get 1 year of factory warranty and 1 year of BEST....And I thought California was the dumb state for rules and laws!!!!!

+1
    Oh it was covered, ibr unit total failure blowing fuse. They just told me the price it cost to fix maybe its what they charge to brp?
    They said they had done a few lately, hopefully it was just a bad batch.

If I was you and if you can wait, BRP will put out a deal, when I bought my ski I got 2 year warranty with the ski and I have seen some people get 4 years,just bepends on when you buy the ski. Also you can get a good deal at a boat show, just remember when you buy or get a 4 year warranty it starts the day you buy the ski it does not start after the 1 year that comes with all there skis,so even if you buy a 4 year warranty it will only be covered for 4 years NOT 5 like some people think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information