+1

Has anyone done business with...

Has anyone done busuness with http://www.percepatts.com/
    If yes was it easy or bad?

They are from Indonesia.

+1
    Something is fishy...
    Those ski prices are way low...
    The pics of the skis also have #s from the USA.
    I wouldn't send them a check if you do business with them use a credit card for better protection.
    Good luck.

+1
    That part of the world is known for a lot of fakes and scam businesses..

+1
    I'm going w/possible scam. I checked the '08 RXP listed here: http://percepatts.com/Sell%20Jetski/...doo-rxp-x255hp According to the hull, it's registered in Louisiana. I would think that an LA resident would have no problem selling that ski locally w/o having to use an international re-seller. BTW, I'd also think that a truly professional outfit advertising in English would have their grammar correct: We buying and selling high quality New , used and refurbished. PERCEPATTS is a premier Transportation supply distributor and agent that provides Outboard, ATV, Jetski and other transportation.

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    Why, Why WHY would you consider dealing with an off shore third world based company to buy a ski? You and your hard earned $$$ will be separated with nothing to show for except an expensive lesson!

Always buy from someone that has a long standing positive reputation. You can find them here on GH, and in your local area. If they're not in your local area, check with our buddies here on the forum. You know who's got your back here. A seller may be in their local area.

There is no one on this forum with an established good reputation that is local in Indonesia to give you an unbiased report on this company.

Indonesia is a developing nation. Poor country. My guess this site is part of an underground economy that keeps the owner in Rolex watches and high end cars. He doesn't give a crap how he gets his money. The owner of that site may not even be in Indonesia. My humble opinion of course.

Buy from companies that have a long and well established reputation. Buy from reputable GH members.

Buy from someone that you can physically get to, see the ski, inspect and test it, pay for it and then take it with you!

If you've got a bad feeling in your gut about buying, TRUST it and run as fast as you can in the other direction.

I see that you're in Australia and skis are more expensive than in North America. However, buying from someone offshore that is questionable will be even more expensive.

Yeah, I'm sounding a bit harsh here. Okay, more than a bit. Doing that quite deliberately cuz I got your back on this! Don't want to see you or anyone else get burned.

Caveat Emptor!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by M447 View Post
    Why, Why WHY would you consider dealing with an off shore third world based company to buy a ski? You and your hard earned $$$ will be separated with nothing to show for except an expensive lesson!

Always buy from someone that has a long standing positive reputation. You can find them here on GH, and in your local area. If they're not in your local area, check with our buddies here on the forum. You know who's got your back here. A seller may be in their local area.

There is no one on this forum with an established good reputation that is local in Indonesia to give you an unbiased report on this company.

Indonesia is a developing nation. Poor country. My guess this site is part of an underground economy that keeps the owner in Rolex watches and high end cars. He doesn't give a crap how he gets his money. The owner of that site may not even be in Indonesia. My humble opinion of course.

Buy from companies that have a long and well established reputation. Buy from reputable GH members.

Buy from someone that you can physically get to, see the ski, inspect and test it, pay for it and then take it with you!

If you've got a bad feeling in your gut about buying, TRUST it and run as fast as you can in the other direction.

I see that you're in Australia and skis are more expensive than in North America. However, buying from someone offshore that is questionable will be even more expensive.

Yeah, I'm sounding a bit harsh here. Okay, more than a bit. Doing that quite deliberately cuz I got your back on this! Don't want to see you or anyone else get burned.

Caveat Emptor!
    Yeh cheers.
    The name is Billy not silly.
    I have a broker checking it out.
    The broker is a family friend.
    He works on mainly big boats.
    But trustworthy.
    This is alot of trouble to go to for 1 ski.
    That's why we are working on 6 ski's.
    If it is too good to be true, then that's life.
    But don't worry Im not taking a gamble on hard earned money.

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    Yeh cheers.
    The name is Billy not silly.
    I have a broker checking it out.
    The broker is a family friend.
    He works on mainly big boats.
    But trustworthy.
    This is alot of trouble to go to for 1 ski.
    That's why we are working on 6 ski's.
    If it is too good to be true, then that's life.
    But don't worry Im not taking a gamble on hard earned money.
    Good!

Thread Information