Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If you install Carrillo rods

It is interesting to know the opinion. If you install Carrillo rods whether balancing the crankshaft? I asked a few people on this forum and I was told not necessary.
    I put together a boat, and now I'm confused and do not know what to do, disassemble, or balance or anything terrible, so important for me to know the opinion of competent people.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours

Nothing terrible , but if you balance crank is better you gain rpm and much more acceleration

+1
    Here it is sorry I can't accept Pm's lol Im on a Limited Basis Here I Better be careful How I help People Here. If you go with Carrillo Rods Your Going with a Lighter But yet Stronger Rod. Now Keep In mind No One Crankshaft Is ever balanced 100% from Factory Just acceptable. Now lets throw In variables Two In your Case One you went with Lighter than Stock Rods and Lighter than Stock Pistons Great. Whats are you accomplishing Less rotating Mass Means More Vibration. Can you run Without Balancing Sure Would I reccomend it No. Will You Be efficent Heck No Vibration will be at a high and the chance for premature failure/Faitigue will be higher. If Its Not to Much Trouble and You were On the Fence About Retourqing Rod Bolts Do your Self a Favor and Have that Crankshaft Balanced, While your at it have it checked for straightness and magnafluxed.

Thank you!
    * and yet the thought of many?

Banned User
    +1

I don't know about doos but the kawi cranks are pretty far out of balance. I had mine balanced to .3 grams at 15000 rpm. There are very few places that can balance 4stroke cranks. Made a huge difference in vibration and acceleration. I would never do a performance build without balancing and heck it's only 75$ to balance one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    I don't know about doos but the kawi cranks are pretty far out of balance. I had mine balanced to .3 grams at 15000 rpm. There are very few places that can balance 4stroke cranks. Made a huge difference in vibration and acceleration. I would never do a performance build without balancing and heck it's only 75$ to balance one.
    Rotax crankshaft is a 3 cylinder which you need to use bob weights. Not sure where your getting your cranks done for $75 but that's a hell of a deal which I would question quality. As far as not many people balance 4 stroke engines? Not sure what you mean? There are 10 machine Shops in a 30 mile radius in CT that balance crankshafts.

+1
    +1 slow Yeah at 75 Bucks thats a steal lol our race Motors run around 700 now we get a group discount with ours and our two partners we bring around 6 or 7 at a time say 500-550 a piece. Also IMO It is more critical to balance a 3cylinder than a 4cylinder but I would balance a crankshaft in either case

+1
    Ask the guy if he can balance my camshaft for 75 as well

+1
    Slow make sure you get all the meat off it first

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Rotax crankshaft is a 3 cylinder which you need to use bob weights. Not sure where your getting your cranks done for $75 but that's a hell of a deal which I would question quality. As far as not many people balance 4 stroke engines? Not sure what you mean? There are 10 machine Shops in a 30 mile radius in CT that balance crankshafts.
    APE. They know a thing or two about 4 stroke motors and do hundreds of cranks a year. Balancing a 4 stroke crank takes special attention and most machine shops are not balancing at high rpm. There's a big difference. In car cranks and moto cranks. Paying 500 $ is crazy.

http://www.racecranks.com/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information