Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Accidentally reversed battery leads...now no 2 beeps when layard is attached

Hey guys,

I know...stupid mistake. I'm still very mad at myself for it. This is for a 2007 Sea-doo GTI SE. I was adding some addition stuff to my battery (fish finder, VHF radio, my Sea-doo just is custom rigged with rod holders and such for fishing...see http://www.sea-doo.com/onboard/welco...-sea-doo-dave/) and accidentally reversed the leads. I put the key in, didn't start it, and is made a humming noise with nothing else happening, so I checked everything out and quickly noticed my mistake.

I put the leads on correctly and put the lanyard key in again. The gauges come on, it says SEA-DOO in the middle, briefly shows my hours, then the hours disappear and it just sits there and hums. No two beeps, won't even try to start. I checked the fuses but there's another smaller case next to the fuse box that I believe has two 30 amp but I couldn't get it to open it all.

I just dropped it off at the dealer...but I'm still curious what the issue can be. Could it still possibly be one of the 30 amp fuses? Dealer is backed up with other jet skis, said he hopes its something simple (so do I haha) but he's worried something might be fried. He checked it real quick and said the humming was a good indication that the fuel pump was good, and it does sound like the same hum I here briefly when putting the key in when it worked.

Anyone ever experience an issue like this?

+1
    I've seen ecu fired when you hook it up backward i done this on accident on my fzr it blowed a fuse and my vi pec went into protective mode hopefully you just blew a 30 amp fuse

+1
    When it happened to Chris the fix was a new ECU

+1
    I've had a ski come in same model same year. Battery was hooked up backwards when it got here. Same problem you describe. Bad ECU

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    When it happened to Chris the fix was a new ECU
    +1 You need a new ECU....

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    I've had a ski come in same model same year. Battery was hooked up backwards when it got here. Same problem you describe. Bad ECU
    Any estimate on how much that would cost?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwn88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Any estimate on how much that would cost?
    If you are in the States-- around $1000.

Banned User
    +1
    You would think these things would have some sort of reverse polarity protection built in to them, especially for what they cost. It just blows my mind the stupid expensive things that can go wrong on these newer skis.

+1
    You can usually get away with it if you catch it immediately. But if it's hooked up long enough to bolt the terminals on, plug the key in, scratch your head for a little bit, then unbolt the terminals. It's shot

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You would think these things would have some sort of reverse polarity protection built in to them, especially for what they cost. It just blows my mind the stupid expensive things that can go wrong on these newer skis.
    Then BRP wouldn't be able to poke you for a G-note!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information