+1

Regarding skisafe insurance

Hey Guys

The worse has happened, both of my ski's were flooded during hurricane Sandy. My RXT 215 still fires up but the motor compartment was completely submerged in water. The GTI has seized and was totalled at 12 grand to repair all. My question is, my Rxt 215 still fires up but I would still think they would consider this totalled since everything in the motor compartment was submergered and also has hull damage. Any input on this? Would they consider it totalled anyways or repairable? Any advise let me know

+1
    I'm no mechanic, but it usually comes down to repair (parts & labor) vs. market price (NADA will give you a close estimate). Once you exceed a certain amount of value (near 75%, but I'm assuming), the ski is pretty much a total loss. If you T still fires, you'll likely have to get the internals dealt w/if corrosion hasn't already set in. Of course, we're talking "stock" and if your ski is modded, that may or may not be covered as per the policy.

Best of luck - sorry to hear of your skis, but they can be replaced.

+1
    whatever it is house car jet ski or boat let them total it.The salt in the water will make it a nightmare.i have been seeing what the flooded out houses electrical systems look like nothing but corrosion.the sad part is that people still want to re use the wiring.i see lots of house fires in the future along with a lot of cleaned up time bomb watercraft on the market.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jet ski o'clock View Post
    whatever it is house car jet ski or boat let them total it.The salt in the water will make it a nightmare.i have been seeing what the flooded out houses electrical systems look like nothing but corrosion.the sad part is that people still want to re use the wiring.i see lots of house fires in the future along with a lot of cleaned up time bomb watercraft on the market.
    On that note - good point: For a few years following the storm, you had to be careful when shopping the local used car market to the point that you may be buying a "Katrina Car". This would have been a vehicle that exhibited no damage and had low/no miles and being sold at a way reduced price. The damage (corrosion) wasn't always apparent to the uneducated eye. I have no doubt some "Sandys" will soon be on the market...

And, off topic, bu another hurricane factoid - you guys should see a small up-tick in the number of babies being born in about another 8 months.

Thread Information