Just purchased SHO's haven't been in water since 2011

I finally found a pair of 08 SHO w 30/35 hours from the original owner. He provided all service work performed over the years. I'm about to have them winterized, any items/tasks you would ask to have performed while in the shop?

Not knowing how old the fuel is, I would have the tanks drained and put new fuel in and add fuel stabilizer too. I am not a really big fan of the stock YAM batteries (although if they are properly maintained they are ok). I would get some new batteries; ones that are "sealed". @ 30/35 hours these Skis are barely broken in . . . . nice find and enjoy. JB

I'm with the cool kids Mowerpan's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Not knowing how old the fuel is, I would have the tanks drained and put new fuel in and add fuel stabilizer too. I am not a really big fan of the stock YAM batteries (although if they are properly maintained they are ok). I would get some new batteries; ones that are "sealed". @ 30/35 hours these Skis are barely broken in . . . . nice find and enjoy. DJB
    If the batteries are original Yami non sealed batteries take them out and discard them. Replace them next season with sealed batteries. The Yami batteries will be junk in spring if not kept on battery tender and if on a battery tender the acid may go up the vent tube and out the ski and discolor the paint. Ask me how I know. Otherwise like stated above. if the fuel is old have it all sucked out and filled with new fuel with stabilizer. Just spray everything down in the hull and the pump,ride plate ect, with a protectant. I use WD-40 but fluid film is well regarded.

Thread Information