Impeller recommendation?

Hey guys,

I have an '06 GP1300R with Jim's original plate, 1200 grate and stepped sponsons. I ran a best of 67.2mph with this combo down here in FL with the hot weather (I also go 245lb). I am waiting for my pump tunnel reinforcement kit to arrive and also already have the pump seal kit. I'm going to have both kits installed at the same time as well as an impeller. I want to avoid doing any engine modifications for now and would like some better low end performance without sacrificing too much top speed. I'd like to get to 70mph. I'm also going to have Jim do his newest mod to my current plate which will hopefully yield an extra 1mph. So which impeller do I go with? 13/19? 14/20 DF? 13/20? Any recommendations are appreciated!! I don't have an aftermarket tach so I can't tell what the exact RPM's are right now.

Mike

Mike, on the 06 your pretty much limited to the 14/20 DF. In "out of the box" form some stock motored 13's pull them some do not which will require a repitch ( in actuality a "depitch" ) to bring the r's up.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDRACING View Post
    Mike, on the 06 your pretty much limited to the 14/20 DF. In "out of the box" form some stock motored 13's pull them some do not which will require a repitch ( in actuality a "depitch" ) to bring the r's up.
    Thanks for your input Carl. I am the one that ordered the reinforcement kit from you this morning. This is my second transaction with you and it has gone just as smooth as the first. Keep up the great service.

Mike

Fusion, I got some 05-06 GPR's in florida with my V-Force III cages, 3 degree keyways, milled head and Jims plate hitting 75 PH @ 7100-7150 RPM's. The prop I use is a Dynafly 14/22 with my pitch specs and machining.

Give Jim a call he knows all about it and he is right in your backyard.

+1
    Fercho - where in the heck are you? I get voicemails from you and then you disappear again?!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fercho View Post
    Fusion, I got some 05-06 GPR's in florida with my V-Force III cages, 3 degree keyways, milled head and Jims plate hitting 75 PH @ 7100-7150 RPM's. The prop I use is a Dynafly 14/22 with my pitch specs and machining.

Give Jim a call he knows all about it and he is right in your backyard.
    We have a 1200 that does that also.

David I have ben swamped. BSNS is better than ever and have been busy with work and Family. Andrew is talking about Naval Academy after High School, so I have been busy with him also. They made it to the State finals in the Naval ROTC . I'll give you a ring later

+1
    I have been running one of Fercho 14/22 with a 85mm nozzle
    on a bone stock 06 motor. Stock head. She turned 7220
    rpms at over 75 mph with a 1200 grate and 87 octane fuel.

Thread Information