Thread: Valve question

Valve question

Ok so I have a 06 RXP with the following mods: x-charger, riva power intake, riva top loader intake grate, riva through hull exhaust, opas block offs, solas 14/19r, riva BOV, lucas 42's for injectors. I am adding fizzle high effency intercooler, 4 in intake, solas 15/22r, and a RRFPR. So as for my question. I am going to be selling some stuff anf have more money to spend lol and I was wondering if I should either buy either the supertech valve springs and retainers or if I should upgrade the valves with the light weight supertech valves? I will only have enough to do one but which one do you think will be better worth it?

+1
    How many rpm are you going to be running? Unless you want to pull the cylinder head replaced head gasket etc valves are out of question. Super tech stuff is real nice but if you have no plans on higher rpms right now hold off until you do. IMO if you are going to upgrade your valve train and be under 9,000 rpm it's going to be hard to beat the riva stuff get the riva valve train upgrade.

RPM is going to be stock. Don't mind pulling the head at all. I will be eventually bumping the RPM but I want to get the engine ready for it first. But like I said I will have enough money to do either the valve springs or the valves. I am thinking the valves now because of the valve problems seadoo has had and then also I can do the springs really easy even once it in the middle of the season next year

+1
    Why are you going with 15/22r prop? If your planning to up your rev limiter a 15/20 will be a better prop. One more thing, IMO you dont need new valves. Your ski probably have the good ones already (75) use the money toward something else. Like titanium retainers, bigger charger, ECU. Etc... By the way I'm spinning 8900 rpms with rev racing springs and retainers with OEM valves.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    RPM is going to be stock. Don't mind pulling the head at all. I will be eventually bumping the RPM but I want to get the engine ready for it first. But like I said I will have enough money to do either the valve springs or the valves. I am thinking the valves now because of the valve problems seadoo has had and then also I can do the springs really easy even once it in the middle of the season next year
    The problem is the exhaust valve. Check yours and if you see a 75 at the end of the serial number your good to go.... Boost that baby up and hold on...

Not gonna up the limiter until probably next winter that's why I am at a 15/22 and I also consulted with a few people on here for the size prop to be running with my current mods and rpm to what I am going to be adding. The thing with the valves is the person I got the ski from had ingested water and lock to last engine up and snaped a valve so a used engine was put in with low hours but don't know from what year ski it was.

+1
    Not gonna up the limiter until probably next winter that's why I am at a 15/22 and I also consulted with a few people on here for the size prop to be running with my current mods and rpm to what I am going to be adding. The thing with the valves is the person I got the ski from had ingested water and lock to last engine up and snaped a valve so a used engine was put in with low hours but don't know from what year ski it was.
    Pull the valve cover and look with a flash light the exhaust valves. They should have a number if it reads 75 at the end your good to go. No need to expending all that money.. IMO but at the end of the day is your call...

Ok let say the number isn't 75 but 72 then what do you guys recommend? Also If I were to go with more boost which wheel should I go with in my x-charger?

+1
    Ok let say the number isn't 75 but 72 then what do you guys recommend? Also If I were to go with more boost which wheel should I go with in my x-charger?
    Just make shure that your checking the exhaust valve! The intake valve you don't have to worry about. My 2006 rxp have 72 intake and 75 exhaust. I'm pushing 18lb of boost at 8900rpms and is holding like a champ! There is a couple options for that charger me personally i like the ET137 but that's the only I ever tried when I had my x charger.. Lol

Thread Information