Friday night five of us chartered on The Rock Hound. It was my brother John of Barhamsville Va., Tina of Williamsburg, Shannon and Lynn of High Point N.C, Capt Pete Esgro and Me as acting mate.
We departed at 1730 out of Salt Ponds Marina in Hampton and went 16 miles across the Bay to the High Rise of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.
Capt Pete picked his favorite spot to anchor and we put out six lines with live eels and waited for the current to pick up.
Around 2000 hrs the first rod started shaking and bent over. Tina was first up, this was her first big Striped Bass and she did a great job getting the fish to the boat, a fat 44 inch 38 pounder.
We caught one more fish right after that and then had no more fish the rest of the evening. Got back the the dock at 0100
I was a great time and we all went home with fish!

Saturday I took my jet ski from my house in Poquoson across the Bay to the Eastern shore. I fished from 1300 to 1630.
I caught 6 Stripers the last hour in the only big pod of bait I found all day. All on a 32 oz Mojo.

This morning I fished the morning in the same are off of Cape Charles. Lot of boats and scattered bait. I caught one fish around 42 inches on the troll.

All three trips were near perfect calm conditions and unseasonable warm for December. A little rain and fog but still real nice. Today "Sea Doo" Dave was on one of my skis because his ski is waiting for parts at the dealer. Also saw Rob on his rigged SUV.

A great weekend with plenty of fishing. Tonight I cooked up some "Baby Back Striper" for dinner.