Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

What kind of credit score do you need to get PWC financing?

This is a question to anyone who has financed a new PWC recently. What kind of credit score do you need to get a loan? Of the big three is anyone of them more lienant on score? I am wanting to get either a new RXPx or a Yamaha FZR.

Banned User
    +1
    Horrible decision to buy a new ski IMHO. If you got the cash and make 150k + sure why not. Credit sore determines apr

+1
    I don't think there is any real set number that anyone here will know.... Also yamaha just switched to Capitol one vs household bank so I'm sure that will affect it as well.

Just apply and find out. There are usually dealerships that will do it over the phone or have applications on their site.

+1

What kind of credit score do you need to get PWC financing?

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    Horrible decision to buy a new ski IMHO. If you got the cash and make 150k + sure why not. Credit sore determines apr
    I think a new ski is a great option for someone who wants to ride and not wrench.

+1
    If I made 150k a year I would not be needing to finance. Yes you lose your ass on new anything but I am sick of buying someone elses problem. Plus I am the type of person who if the machine even has a scratch on it I don't want it. I won't find a flawless used pwc. What's with that avatar? LMAO where is the barf icon?
    Last edited by AquaGuy; 12-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.

+1
    Wow I make six figures a year but I will finance at 1.9 why tie up 15 grand why you can finance at low rate. Specially if he wants new with a warranty, I'm glad you don't do my finances you might want to put some money away for groceries for that beauty queen for a wife you have

Banned User
    +1
    If you can get 1.9 thats almost like free money. See what the dealer can do, otherwise check with your bank. Before even going to a dealer I usually check with my bank and online to see what types of rates are available, so you can go into a dealer with that info. Just like price, interest rate is often negotiable as well.

+1
    For the most part, BRP (sheffield financial) and Yamaha ( GE Capital) require a 700 score to get their BEST financing options....If you are close to a 700 they will most of the time give you the benefit and go ahead and finance you.....I am a dealer so I have had many of credit apps this year so I have first hand expierence with this....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Wow I make six figures a year but I will finance at 1.9 why tie up 15 grand why you can finance at low rate. Specially if he wants new with a warranty, I'm glad you don't do my finances you might want to put some money away for groceries for that beauty queen for a wife you have
    +1

That makes no sense, just because you have the cash to buy something outright doesn't necessarily mean it's the smartest option. Have you ever noticed that the super rich that can afford everything still finance cars, boats etc. Besides tax deductions and other shenanigans the game never changes. It takes money to make money and no one that makes a lot of it is silly enough to tie money up in things that depreciate.

Also in the 3 years of owning my GPR I have spent well over 8k. At this point it probably would have been smarter for me to finance a new ski and pay it off early. Either way you have to pay to play and nothing is cheap about boating. If I had to do it ll over agin I would still buy a GPR and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. On the other hand I am planning on getting a new 4 stroke in the next 1-2 years.
    Last edited by Almost; 12-10-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Glad your not my accountant either! Lol why pay any interest when you can pay cash? I think we're both doing ok in life so must be more than one way to skin a cat. All of my toys are cash only, always told to pay in cash if I can. Works for me

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information