Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Someone plz help GPR or XLT guys

I've been trying to get the measurements for a R&D/RIVA plate for the XLT or GPR plate for an experiment I'm doing for the Honda. Surely someone has a plate laying around that they could measure and send me a PM. Width, body Length, full length with extension and extension width are really all I need. I'd like to correlate that into the Honda plate. Can someone help a brother out.

Thanks
    Mike

So what your wanting is just the measurements of a stock Riva or R&D plate for a GPR?
    You do realize the mounting bosses probably wont line up on a honda so the measurements will have to change, and the plate is shaped to fit the hull of the GPR. If none of that matters though and you MUST get the measurments Im sure we can get that done for you.

Not worried about the mounting trying to correlate all the dimensions to Honda plate. So if the GPR plate is 12 Inches long and the Honda is 16 then the GPR plate is 75% of the size of the Honda, so a 2 inch extension on the GPR plate correlates to a 2.66" extension on the Honda, I want some measurements to give me a base then adjust accordingly

+1
    I think what you need to do is just start modding the plate and see how it reacts on YOUR ski. The dimensions that are used on a GPR plate are not going to relate to what you are going to put it on. You are working with a TOTALLY different hull. I am not trying to knock your idea but I think you will be spinning your wheels by doing it the way you are talking about. I have 2 GPR's that react differently by doing the same thing to them. I would start by getting a base GPS number and the add an inch to the back of the plate and get new GPS numbers and go from there. You have to take into consideration weather factors if you can not run 2 different plates back to back. If you pick up speed, keep adding length until it slows down and then you will have to start cutting material off until you see the numbers come back up again. You will also have to play with plate ange and all of the other adjustments that affect the skis attitude on the water. I am by no means an expert on ski tuning but I do understand that every ski is different when comparing a GPR to a GPR, but you are trying to compare a Yamaha to a Honda. These are two different skis that will not react the same to the same modifications.

Jeff,

I appreciate your input, but I already have 3 grates and 2 plates that I'll be working with. I know all the dimensions of a GPR plate will not correlate to the Honda, but I have to start somewhere since no one makes a plate for the Honda. Come on guys just measure a plate for me PM the measurements.

Thanks

OK fine, since nobody else is going to do it. Tommorow when I get dressed for it I will drag a$$ through all that snow out to the shop and take measurments just for you.

Thx Porksword

+1
    I asked Harry at GroupK some advice one day I happened to be at his shop. he took me out side to a ski he had and showed me his rideplate. he had taken a stock plate welded a 3 inch extension the width of the riding surface on to the plate. he told me do this then in small increments start removing material until you get the ride that works best. the ProTec rideplate I bought for an XLT was basicly a stock plate with two inches added to it. I had this on my SUV and it worked well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrownline View Post
    Jeff,

I appreciate your input, but I already have 3 grates and 2 plates that I'll be working with. I know all the dimensions of a GPR plate will not correlate to the Honda, but I have to start somewhere since no one makes a plate for the Honda. Come on guys just measure a plate for me PM the measurements.

Thanks

I'm pretty proud to see somebody trying. This is actually EXCELLENT news for the honda world. Good foresight. Don't let go!

There are good comments on here about correlation. I would suggest you get hold of a GPR plate, and take some side/side pictures of the two of them, and post them on here. Maybe we can help!

+1
    Porksword, dont worry about wading through the snow, I'll measure my R&D tonight when I get home this evening.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information